Explore

2020 W-2 form / documents submitted to NVC

6 posts in this topic

Hi Everyone,

I am from Pakistan. I need guidance regarding the documents required to submit at NVC. The NVC required to submit every 2020 w-2/1099 form by my joint sponsor. So my joint sponsor submit just 2020 w-2 form but not 1099 form.

So please guide me that W-2 form for 2020 is enough or have to submit for every year and please also guide me that 1099 is also required or it will work with just w-2 form ?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

joint sponsor has to supply all sources of income incuding 1099,  1099R,  W2

all that were sent to him (as IRS also gets a copy of everything we get )

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
1 hour ago, randy32 said:

The tax form your joint sponsor gets depends on his type of employment.

Employees get w2, independent contractors get 1099

That line should read w2 and/or 1099. Just different forms used to report income to the IRS

or 1099R for retirement

if he has these ,  he needs to submit them

your instructions say for what years / usually last year but i don't see your instructions 

On 8/21/2021 at 5:40 PM, randy32 said:

The tax form your joint sponsor gets depends on his type of employment.

Employees get w2, independent contractors get 1099

That line should read w2 and/or 1099. Just different forms used to report income to the IRS

@randy32 @JeanneAdilHi, thanks a lot for your guidance. My joint sponsor is employee in a company there, so it's good to uploaded w-2 form for just 2020 with IRS tax transcript of 2018-2020 for all these three years.

NVC says to submit every 2020 w-2/1099 form of my joint sponsor, So that's fine or have to upload w-2 form for remaining years as well (2018-2019), plus also guide me that's fine to upload just w-2 form according to requirements by NVC as I told here?

Edited by Explore

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.