Commish10

FAQs: K Fiancé(e) Visa Processing- From Embassy Page

18 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

FAQs: K Fiancé(e) Visa Processing

Home | News & Events | FAQs: K Fiancé(e) Visa Processing

Q: Why haven’t I had my visa interview yet?
A: Our number one priority is the safety of our applicants and our staff.  To allow for adequate social distancing, we have limited the number of visa applicants we can schedule for interview.  We are finally in a position to interview a very limited number of K visas.  The backlog is large, so it will be a slow process, but we are eager to begin.

Q. What can I do to prepare for my interview now?
A. Since it is likely that your interview will not be scheduled soon, you should wait until it is scheduled to prepare.  Do not get a medical exam, buy plane tickets, quit your job, or do anything to prepare to move to the United States.  There will be plenty of time to get everything done that you need to, from the time that you get your appointment notification.

Q: When can I schedule my K fiancé(e) visa interview appointment?
A: Please do not contact us to schedule your visa interview.  We will contact you to set up your interview when it is your turn.  We will begin with applicants who had appointments that were canceled in March 2020.  After we finish those cases, we will begin to interview cases in the order that we received them from the National Visa Center (NVC).

Q. How will I find out when my appointment is?
A. You will receive notification of your appointment via email with detailed instructions of your next steps.

Q: Is there any way to speed things up?
A: We ask that everyone be patient in waiting for their visa interview to be scheduled.  There are very limited circumstances in which we can expedite your case.  We consider expedites in the following cases:

• If your child, who is applying for a K-2 visa, will turn 21 years old before December 31, 2021.
  • If your K-2 follow-to-join applicants will lose follow-to-join eligibility from the time thethe principal applicant was issued a K-1 visa.
  • If you have a U.S. citizen child who will travel with you.
  • The petitioner is an active-duty U.S. military member with pending deployment orders, pending Permanent Change of Station (PCS) orders,.
  • The petitioner has documented medical issues and is currently in the Philippines and unable to travel to the United States without assistance from the K-1 applicant.

For the time being, we cannot expedite any other types of cases.

Q: I do not meet any of the criteria for K fiancé(e) expedited processing, what should I do?
A: Please be patient and wait for your case to be scheduled.

Q: Can I request the Embassy to expedite the processing of my K fiancé(e) visa case that is still with the National Visa Center (NVC)?
A: The same criteria for expedited processing outlined above will be applied to have a case expedited from the NVC. If your case is still with the NVC, you may contact them to request the case be expedited. You may contact the NVC through https://nvc.state.gov/inquiry. Additional contact information for the NVC is available online at: http://nvc.state.gov/ask.

Q: I am a plaintiff in Milligan v. Pompeo – can I schedule my K visa interview?
A: The court order does not require that plaintiffs be given special priority ahead of other K1 applicants.  K1 applicants who are named plaintiffs in Milligan v. Pompeo should contact the Embassy at https://ph.usembassy.gov/visas/contactus/ for guidance on scheduling a visa interview.

At least they're processing finally...

June 25, 2022 - Married
June 28, 2022 - I-130 filed digitally

June 28, 2022 - NOA1 (Nebraska -> Vermont xfer)

June 8, 2023 - NOA2 (Vermont -> California xfer)
June 14, 2023 - At NVC

July 3, 2023 - NVC RFE

July 17, 2023 - NVC DQ

April 15, 2024 - IL

April 19, 2024 - Medical

May 23, 2024 - Interview

June 4, 2024 - CFO 
June 30, 2024 - Flight to US

Timeline
Just now, NeonParticles said:

At least they're processing finally...

I should be first. Our appointment was March 17, 2020. The day they closed. 

10 minutes ago, Commish10 said:

Good luck! You're so close now.

June 25, 2022 - Married

June 14, 2023 - At NVC

July 3, 2023 - NVC RFE

July 17, 2023 - NVC DQ

April 15, 2024 - IL

April 19, 2024 - Medical

May 23, 2024 - Interview

June 4, 2024 - CFO 

44 minutes ago, Commish10 said:

Yes correct.  Once you get a scheduled date and time, you may want to post here as you should be the leader of the pack and it may give some hope for the others behind you. 

The United States is now a country obsessed with the worship of its own ignorance.  Americans are proud of not knowing things.  They have reached a point where ignorance, is an actual virtue.  To reject the advice of experts is to assert autonomy, a way for Americans to insulate their increasingly fragile egos from ever being told they're wrong about anything.  It is a new Declaration of Independence: no longer do we hold these truths to be self-evident, we hold all truths to be self-evident, even the ones that arent true.  All things are knowable and every opinion on any subject is as good as any other.  The fundamental knowledge of the average American is now so low that it has crashed through the floor of "uninformed", passed "misinformed", on the way down, and now plummeting to "aggressively wrong."

1 hour ago, flicks1998 said:

Yes correct.  Once you get a scheduled date and time, you may want to post here as you should be the leader of the pack and it may give some hope for the others behind you. 

Agree, it would be good to get an idea of how quickly they're performing the interviews as well.  I'm curious to see if they clean up the interview and make it a faster process.

Edited by NeonParticles

June 25, 2022 - Married

June 14, 2023 - At NVC

July 3, 2023 - NVC RFE

July 17, 2023 - NVC DQ

April 15, 2024 - IL

April 19, 2024 - Medical

May 23, 2024 - Interview

June 4, 2024 - CFO 

1 minute ago, NeonParticles said:

Agree, it would be good to get an idea of how quickly they're performing the interviews as well.  I'm curious to see if they clean up the interview and make it a faster process.

The interviews are fast.  Total time in the embassy was only about 15 minutes.  The pre-interview part where they double check a few documents takes a minute or two.  For us the interview with the CO was only one question and done.  This was December 2020.  Others have stated pre-pandemic that the timeframes were about the same.

The United States is now a country obsessed with the worship of its own ignorance.  Americans are proud of not knowing things.  They have reached a point where ignorance, is an actual virtue.  To reject the advice of experts is to assert autonomy, a way for Americans to insulate their increasingly fragile egos from ever being told they're wrong about anything.  It is a new Declaration of Independence: no longer do we hold these truths to be self-evident, we hold all truths to be self-evident, even the ones that arent true.  All things are knowable and every opinion on any subject is as good as any other.  The fundamental knowledge of the average American is now so low that it has crashed through the floor of "uninformed", passed "misinformed", on the way down, and now plummeting to "aggressively wrong."

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 hours ago, NeonParticles said:

Not sure how you can make a 5 minute interview any faster 

YMMV

14 minutes ago, Hopeful2BinTN said:

Curious how many people had interviews scheduled and canceled just in this forum? Are we thinking 500? And then how far back have people been at the embassy without an interview even scheduled? December of 2019 maybe?

There may be a few stragglers in the Dec/Jan 2020 time frame, but the backlog will most likely start in the late February/March 2020 time.  We were looking to schedule an interview in mid-March 2020 and at that time you picked a date and time online.  If you had all your paperwork together and medical completed, you could pick an open interview time for the next day if you wanted.  No idea how many would have been cancelled but the Embassy was processing between 500-600 K1s a month just before they shut down. 

Edited by flicks1998

Timeline

I'm gonna be honest - the notion of "don't contact us - we'll contact you" sounds like a ploy to get people to stop rightfully checking up on the status of their case. How long are we supposed to wait patiently and trust that we're getting addressed in the proper manner? 3 months? 6 months? Two years?

2 hours ago, brightfuture78 said:

I'm gonna be honest - the notion of "don't contact us - we'll contact you" sounds like a ploy to get people to stop rightfully checking up on the status of their case. How long are we supposed to wait patiently and trust that we're getting addressed in the proper manner? 3 months? 6 months? Two years?

How are they gonna to contact you?

Petitioner or Beneficary?

Timeline

I just wanted to share my experience but I received an email (they sent it both to the Petitioner and Beneficiary) from USEM for a K1 interview for a date in July. I did not have a previous appointment nor qualified for any of the expedited.

However, during the pandemic, I did call every week, requested an expedited multiples times, asked for

my case to be escalated to post, and sent several letters.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
19 hours ago, Joe Kano said:

How are they gonna to contact you?

Petitioner or Beneficary?

They contact whomever they have contact information on.

YMMV

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.