40 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Post away!! I've been checking everyday to see if you got your card.

The part I enjoy most about the board is seeing GOOD NEWS, if it takes a week or a month of whining and griping cause you haven't gotten it day after day, that's alright, cause you will get it and in my heart I will be happy for you. ;)

Your not the only person on here sharing their frustrations. :no: and looking for a tiny bit of support.

Okay, I'm going to go hide somewhere now :blush:

2006/11/29 : I-129F Sent

2006/12/12: I-129F NOA1 (Receipt)

2007/02/22: I-129F NOA2 (Approved)

2007/03/06: Package Left From NVC

2007/03/21: Rec Instructions (Pkt 3)

2007/03/27: Pkt 3 sent to Montreal Consulate

2007/03/28: Pkt 3 rec. @ Montreal Consulate

2007/04/12: Entered into system

2007/04/19: Medical

2007/07/25: Phone call, interview Aug/Sept. Email, at least 6 months for interview

2007/08/01: Phone call, 5-7 months

2007/08/08: Phone call. INTERVIEW

2007/08/16: Interview letter arrives.

2007/09/03: My baby girl leaves for Trent University

2007/09/12: Interview@8:15 APPROVED

2007/09/19: Visa received in hand

2007/10/08: POE Sarnia/Port Huron

2007/10/09: Home

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
Regarding making an infopass appointment: Don't expect others to post what you're thinking. If YOU think that an info pass appointment should be made, skip griping that others having sugguested it, just suggest it yourself.

:yes: I agree!

I have several things I really feel need to be said. I've been busy this week, and just got a chance to catch up on all that's been said.

I trully feel terrible for people who wait an extremely long time to be approved. I expected to have to wait atleast until January to be approved myself. I had already told my family I wouldn't be able to come up and visit them at all until the next year. I did not apply for an EAD either, so I continue to fill my time will volunteering, etc. When I was approved, I, as everyone does, was VERY excited. Suddenly the whole country of possibilities opened put to me. I realize I may have the opportunity to travel to our cabin with my family, and when my husband travels oversees with work, I would now have the opportunity to join him! Than when I saw the speed people were receiving there green cards in I became even MORE excited! But my card didn't come, and I found out it may not even be in the mail due to a 'problem' at CSC. My heart sank. I KNOW alot of people are in a worse situation than I, and I in no way mean to down play that. I just really miss my family, and you spend so much time not knowing when you'll see them again, than suddenly you realize, YOU WILL BE ABLE TO SOON, than you're forced to shift back to having no idea when... it's hard, and i"m sorry you don't feel I have a right to be concered about the posibility of my card being lost in the mail, or it not being produced at all due to an error (as read in the press release section of uscis.gov)

Until last week, everytime I used VJ i felt NO personal connection at all. I felt no connection with anyone at all. until DR_LHA, and Flutter started taking a personal concern to my situation. I felt I could share how I was feeling and what was going on, aparantly I was wrong?

I shared my daily happens, because I actually felt someone out there that UNDERSTANDS, CARED about my daily struggle. All us without a green card of EAD sitting at home passing the time just waiting to feel a bit more accepted by this country... that's how I feel anyways.

If I honestly offended you by sharing these things, or if my looking to see if ANYONE else was in the same situation as me (if you look back at the beginning this is why I posted.. I was looking for others in the same situation) I apologize.

12/08/06 Fiance arrived on K-1 Visa

02/21/07 Wedding

03/23/07 Sent AOS/EAD USPS Express Mail

03/25/07 Delivered and signed for at 9:04 pm (Day 1)

03/29/07 NOA1 AOS & EAD (Day 5)

04/02/07 NOA1 received in mail (Day 9)

04/03/07 Checks cashed (Day 10)

04/04/07 AOS/EAD touched

04/05/07 Biometrics appt. in mail (Day 12)

04/12 & 04/14 AOS/EAD touched

04/17/07 Biometrics appt. (Day 24)

04/18 & 04/19 AOS/EAD touched

05/25/07 Changed address (AR-11) online & by phone for I-485/I-765/I-864

05/28/07 Sent address change (AR-11) by mail

05/30 & 05/31 AOS/EAD touched

06/02/07 Received notice of address change in mail for I-485/I-765

06/06/07 Received notice of address change in mail for I-864

06/14/07 Senator's office said we are still in 'preliminary security review' at MSC (Day 83)

06/21/07 AOS/EAD touched

06/26/07 EAD approved/AOS touched (Day 95)

06/27/07 EAD card production ordered (Day 96)

07/03/07 AOS/EAD touched

07/05/07 Received EAD card (Day 104)

07/24/07 AOS sent to CSC (Day 123)

07/27/07 AOS pending at CSC (Day 126)

07/28, 30, 31, 08/01/07 AOS touched

aW1hZ2UucGhwPzQzJkFPUyt3YXMrZmlsZWQmMDAwMDAwJjAwMDAwMCYxMCYxMCZjJjAmMjMmMyYyMDA3JjQmMiYxOTUyOTAwMDExODg2NTkwNjQuJw==.gif

Filed: Other Timeline
I have several things I really feel need to be said. I've been busy this week, and just got a chance to catch up on all that's been said.

I trully feel terrible for people who wait an extremely long time to be approved. I expected to have to wait atleast until January to be approved myself. I had already told my family I wouldn't be able to come up and visit them at all until the next year. I did not apply for an EAD either, so I continue to fill my time will volunteering, etc. When I was approved, I, as everyone does, was VERY excited. Suddenly the whole country of possibilities opened put to me. I realize I may have the opportunity to travel to our cabin with my family, and when my husband travels oversees with work, I would now have the opportunity to join him! Than when I saw the speed people were receiving there green cards in I became even MORE excited! But my card didn't come, and I found out it may not even be in the mail due to a 'problem' at CSC. My heart sank. I KNOW alot of people are in a worse situation than I, and I in no way mean to down play that. I just really miss my family, and you spend so much time not knowing when you'll see them again, than suddenly you realize, YOU WILL BE ABLE TO SOON, than you're forced to shift back to having no idea when... it's hard, and i"m sorry you don't feel I have a right to be concered about the posibility of my card being lost in the mail, or it not being produced at all due to an error (as read in the press release section of uscis.gov)

Until last week, everytime I used VJ i felt NO personal connection at all. I felt no connection with anyone at all. until DR_LHA, and Flutter started taking a personal concern to my situation. I felt I could share how I was feeling and what was going on, aparantly I was wrong?

I shared my daily happens, because I actually felt someone out there that UNDERSTANDS, CARED about my daily struggle. All us without a green card of EAD sitting at home passing the time just waiting to feel a bit more accepted by this country... that's how I feel anyways.

If I honestly offended you by sharing these things, or if my looking to see if ANYONE else was in the same situation as me (if you look back at the beginning this is why I posted.. I was looking for others in the same situation) I apologize.

I bolded a very important part of your post. I don't think I've ever seen the 'feeling' - the emotion - so well said. I've probably spent thousands of words and countless hours on VJ trying to articulate how life in the US must feel to the immigrant until they have their greencard. I've watched my husband go through the emotions and frustrations - I guess I couldn't find the words because I'm not an immigrant myself. You say it so well now with just a few words. Not surprising I guess because you are the one experiencing the feelings.

Imagine if those possibilities were denied to you for months - even years? I'm sure you see the magnitude of that.

I wasn't offended by your post - not at all. But I have often wondered if those who are getting thier cards so quickly realize how absolutely frustrating it is for those who don't. As the USC spouse of an immigrant, I can tell you that the delayed 'possibilities' you mentioned earlier trickle down to the entire family. We as a family found ourselves turned away for mortgages in the US because my husband lacked a greencard. That's just one of the practical possibilities that becomes so frustrating for those whose cards are mired in a bureaucratic snafu.

I do hope your card comes soon. I presume you have electronic confirmation of your adjustment? If so, you are golden already. Your card could be lost, true, but they WILL issue you another one. They have too.

Peace. (F)

Edited by rebeccajo

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

I think some of these posts have not been nice to the OP. The OP in no way indicated that she didn't feel bad for VJ members that have been waiting a long time. In my opinion anyone can post what they want on these boards, whether it be a small comment, or not. If it made the OP feel better to post this message then where is the harm in that? The OP was looking for support and encouragment, and I think everyone deserves that when they are going through this visa process.

[color=#800080]AOS

Lawyer sent Aos package 07-27-2007

Medical 08-01-2007

Check cashed -08-23-2007

NOA - 08-27-2007

Biometrics scheduled - 09-12-2007

Biometrics for EAD and AOS 09-12-2007

Received RFE for medical and co-sponsor tax returns

(Tax returns were sent) also letter from employer

needed, and last 6 months pay stubs.

RFE: 09-11-2007

Sent RFE back to lawyer 10-10-2007

EAD card production ordered 06-11-2007

EAD received 17-11-2007

Interview date for 01-08-2008[/color]

Approved! Card Production ordered 01-08-2008

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Peru
Timeline
If someone is that worried about their green card, instead of posting "all hope is lost..." on an internet message board, make an InfoPass appointment. And I haven't seen anyone suggest that.

Amen to that. Instead of the OP posting about their daily mail goings-on, make a dang infopass appt. VJ sheesh.

:wacko:

:innocent:

And as for the OP's insisting if I think it should be make to suggest it myself - I just did. (As soon as I read this thread, too.)

this is the way the world ends

not with a bang but a whimper

[ts eliot]

aos timeline:

married: jan 5, 2007

noa 1: march 2nd, 2007

interview @ tampa, fl office: april 26, 2007

green card received: may 5, 2007

removal of conditions timeline:

03/26/2009 - received in VSC

07/20/2009 - card production ordered!

Basically the way I feel, wether you've been waiting a long time, or a little time, if something is stressing you out I feel concerned for you and hope the very best for that person.

K-1 visa issued: 12/15/2006

107 days from mailing AOS package to receiving green card! Received 6/27/07 dated 6/20/07

Removing conditions:

mailed 5/22/2009

Recieved at CSC 5/23/2009

Check cashed 5/27/09

NOA date 5/26/09 - still not received

I-551 stamp in passport 6/19/09

Biometrics notice date 6/16/09

Biometrics received 6/20/09

Biometrics apt date 7/9/09

Biometrics cancellation notice 6/27/09

Biometrics apt notice date 6/26 recieved 7/7

Biometrics apt 7/22/09

Touch 7/22/09

Finally able to see online info 7/22/09

Card production email 8/19/09 date ordered 8/18

Recieved approval letter in mail 8/19/09 date 8/13!

Touch 8/19

Email stating approval notice sent 8/24/09

Green card in hand!! 8/24/09

Husband joined army and moved from San Diego to Ft. Benning GA! 8/30/11

Filed N400 based on 5 years of residency 9/12/12

Recieved email notifcation recieved package 9/19/12

Biometrics 10/22/12

Early Biometrics 10/04/12

In line for interview 10/8/12 for 8 days

Interview 11/20/12 PASSED!

Filed: Timeline
If someone is that worried about their green card, instead of posting "all hope is lost..." on an internet message board, make an InfoPass appointment. And I haven't seen anyone suggest that.

Amen to that. Instead of the OP posting about their daily mail goings-on, make a dang infopass appt. VJ sheesh.

:innocent:

And as for the OP's insisting if I think it should be make to suggest it myself - I just did. (As soon as I read this thread, too.)

Yeah, I THOUGHT it was implied, in both our posts. Guess we needed to spell it out. :blink:

if it takes a week or a month of whining and griping cause you haven't gotten it day after day, that's alright

I guess for us old-timers, it just stings because there is a conscious effort made NOT to complain day after day. There is always someone behind you who has had a rougher go of it.

I am sure myself & others have not meant to turn this thread into "you havent put in enough time to complain", but the words that have been used in this thread and frequently in this forum just make those "left behind" wince. I know many of the members stuck in the namecheck thread only check in every once in awhile. Beats obsessing over each day that passes with no end. I know everyone needs to vent, and needs encouragement every once in a while. That is really what VJ is about.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

since this thread is going so OFF TOPIC here.

We have the say anything thread. Guess she should have just posted in there and no one would have noticed?

I'm going through Montreal. The interview wait times are outrageous compared to some other consulates. I'm wincing everytime someone says they got their interview at another consulate, approval, move,apply for AOS, we're all feeling a tad left behind there but we still are happy for those people that are getting through faster.

It's always good to see some action, someone moving along, gives the rest of us hope. Frustration, but hope.

2006/11/29 : I-129F Sent

2006/12/12: I-129F NOA1 (Receipt)

2007/02/22: I-129F NOA2 (Approved)

2007/03/06: Package Left From NVC

2007/03/21: Rec Instructions (Pkt 3)

2007/03/27: Pkt 3 sent to Montreal Consulate

2007/03/28: Pkt 3 rec. @ Montreal Consulate

2007/04/12: Entered into system

2007/04/19: Medical

2007/07/25: Phone call, interview Aug/Sept. Email, at least 6 months for interview

2007/08/01: Phone call, 5-7 months

2007/08/08: Phone call. INTERVIEW

2007/08/16: Interview letter arrives.

2007/09/03: My baby girl leaves for Trent University

2007/09/12: Interview@8:15 APPROVED

2007/09/19: Visa received in hand

2007/10/08: POE Sarnia/Port Huron

2007/10/09: Home

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.