B777X

Uzbekistan IR-1/CR-1/K-1 cases

17 posts in this topic

Hello Everyone.

I'm starting this thread to keep track of and share information among family based immigrant visa applicants at the US Embassy in Tashkent, Uzbekistan. Please provide the visa type and your current progress.

We're awaiting of our CR1 visa, currently DQ'ed by NVC as of February 22, 2021. Tried expediting our case and got denied. According to NVC, the US Embassy in Tashkent has resumed processing family based immigrant visas but are working with limited staff. We just wanted to get some input from VJ members here to estimate how many people are in line for an interview in Uzbekistan.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Uzbekistan
Timeline

I applied for k1 visa in March 2020 and received NOA2 in October 2020. The last when I contacted the embassy, they replied that my time will come when other k1 visas that are ahead of my k1 visa get their interviews. The problem is that I don’t know how many k1 visas are ahead of mine. I know that Uzbekistan only processes around 20 k1 visas a year so I don’t think there should be big backlog of k1 visas unless cr1, ir1 and k1 are considered the same category of visas and process by the same department in the embassy then it might take really long time. 

6 hours ago, Dilsh said:

I applied for k1 visa in March 2020 and received NOA2 in October 2020. The last when I contacted the embassy, they replied that my time will come when other k1 visas that are ahead of my k1 visa get their interviews. The problem is that I don’t know how many k1 visas are ahead of mine. I know that Uzbekistan only processes around 20 k1 visas a year so I don’t think there should be big backlog of k1 visas unless cr1, ir1 and k1 are considered the same category of visas and process by the same department in the embassy then it might take really long time. 

In terms of visa category, I think IR1/CR1 are immigrant visas and K1 is a non-immigrant fiancé(e) visa. But they could be processed by the same department, who knows. I know someone who got their interview 7 months after getting their NOA2 (with expedite request) for the IR1/CR1 in 2020 when all embassies/consulates closed for COVID.

Also, they are now prioritizing the cases in the following order according to the department of state:

• Tier One: Immediate relative intercountry adoption visas, age-out cases (cases where the applicant will soon no longer qualify due to their age), and certain Special Immigrant Visas (SQ and SI for Afghan and Iraqi nationals working with the U.S. government)
  • Tier Two:  Immediate relative visas; fiancé(e) visas; and returning resident visas
  • Tier Three: Family preference immigrant visas and SE Special Immigrant Visas for certain employees of the U.S. government abroad
  • Tier Four: All other immigrant visas, including employment preference and diversity visas

• 4 weeks later...
Timeline
On 6/28/2021 at 3:53 AM, Dilsh said:

Nice to hear from a similar K1 applicant. We applied February 2020, and had NOA2 August 2020. Have had zero movement since and been brushed off in emails. Tashkent has issued 6 total K1s in the past 9 months. They have done 27 family preference past two months which unless they were all age outs are below in prioritization to Ks. They also did  ~35 student, athlete, and artist visas in June to 0 Ks. They have stood out as an egregious embassy. I see other central asian embassies issue all types of visas and the situations cannot be much different. Our visa type aside, Uzbekistan is one of the largest lottery visa countries and they have not processed a single one of those cases yet as well.

Timeline
16 hours ago, Rinami said:

Nice to hear from a similar K1 applicant. We applied February 2020, and had NOA2 August 2020. Have had zero movement since and been brushed off in emails. Tashkent has issued 6 total K1s in the past 9 months. They have done 27 family preference past two months which unless they were all age outs are below in prioritization to Ks. They also did  ~35 student, athlete, and artist visas in June to 0 Ks. They have stood out as an egregious embassy. I see other central asian embassies issue all types of visas and the situations cannot be much different. Our visa type aside, Uzbekistan is one of the largest lottery visa countries and they have not processed a single one of those cases yet as well.

Same, I am glad to know that I am not alone. I have emailed the embassy many times and they only replied “ the nvc will send my case to the embassy once all other cases that are ahead of mine get processed. And I talked to the nvc 3 days ago, they told me that Tashkent embassy is not processing any k1 visas and only accepting family based visas. Based on monthly visa report of Tashkent embassy, they have not processed any k1 visas in the last 3-4 months. So I guess it is going to be waiting game. I talked someone who applied for k1 visa in 2019 and received NOA2 in February 2020, she had her interview in January 2021. I also tried to transfer my case to different embassies but they all denied me. Please let us know when you get any news, your NOA2 is ahead of mine so I think you will get your interview first. 

• 1 month later...
Timeline

Do you all have any updates on your cases? I have also been waiting, applied in May 2020. I didn’t receive the NOA 2 until July 8, 2021 and have not heard anything since. Are they processing CR1s? Thinking of just getting married and restart the process. This is very frustrating. 

2 hours ago, Ruben218 said:

Do you all have any updates on your cases? I have also been waiting, applied in May 2020. I didn’t receive the NOA 2 until July 8, 2021 and have not heard anything since. Are they processing CR1s? Thinking of just getting married and restart the process. This is very frustrating. 

My wife went to her CR1 interview in the beginning of August and was asked to provide additional proof of relationship. I went to the embassy with her as the petitioner, but they didn't let me in. Seems like they're slowing everyone down. I spoke to another person with a CR1 case who has been in administrative processing since November 2020. The day of the interview another older lady came out of the embassy saying that they requested additional documents from her as well. Not sure whether they're scheduling K-1 interviews at this point.

Timeline
3 hours ago, Ruben218 said:

No updates here. We filed a mandamus action towards the beginning of July and that has not helped so far. July statistics show they issued 172 F, J and B visas combined. That number of interviews is astonishing with how few they have given per month the past year. But, of course, they could only find room for 1 K.

Timeline
3 hours ago, B777X said:

My wife went to her CR1 interview in the beginning of August and was asked to provide additional proof of relationship. I went to the embassy with her as the petitioner, but they didn't let me in. Seems like they're slowing everyone down. I spoke to another person with a CR1 case who has been in administrative processing since November 2020. The day of the interview another older lady came out of the embassy saying that they requested additional documents from her as well. Not sure whether they're scheduling K-1 interviews at this point.

I had a K1 interview in 2019 and they kept asking for additional documents pertaining to our case. Finally they denied us without telling us why. We found out after we refiled K1 that they said it was non-bonafide. We wanted to do the cr1 but then covid came along so we refilled for the K1 without much option. Here we are, stuck without communication from the embassy with no one to hear our concerns! It seems they deny for any small thing in this embassy. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Rinami said:

No updates here. We filed a mandamus action towards the beginning of July and that has not helped so far. July statistics show they issued 172 F, J and B visas combined. That number of interviews is astonishing with how few they have given per month the past year. But, of course, they could only find room for 1 K.

I don’t understand why they’re not issuing visas. It just doesn’t make sense that they’re open but “limited”. It’s been almost 2 years! At least give the people who are pending an option to transfer to any open embassy or just another option. 

• 2 months later...
Timeline

Our mandamus action reached a dead end in early October. However and definitely independent of that, our case was sent to the embassy earlier this week. From the statistics, no Ks were processed in Jul - Sep. Maybe more good news will be spread around soon.

Timeline

Hello everyone. Finally my k1 visa case is at the US embassy in Tashkent Uzbekistan. I just wanted to anyone who already had interview for k1 visa if they can tell what documents I need to prepare. How will I receive my interview date and P3 package? 

Timeline
On 11/15/2021 at 11:43 AM, Dilsh said:

Hello everyone. Finally my k1 visa case is at the US embassy in Tashkent Uzbekistan. I just wanted to anyone who already had interview for k1 visa if they can tell what documents I need to prepare. How will I receive my interview date and P3 package? 

Our case is now "ready" to. Are unsure of what next communication will be as well. I suppose we will wait at least a few days for something to be mailed or e-mailed to beneficiary.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.