Ali14

What optional documents (not required by instruction) do people/lawyers usually send to USCIS with i-751?

2 posts in this topic

I am assembling my i-751 package and I was reading a lot of articles and resources. I know it is not specifically required, but it still not clear if people/lawyers usually send any of the following documents with i-751 to avoid RFE or not:
1) Current Marriage certificate?
2) I (Conditional Resident) was married in the USA before and divorced. Currently, I am married for the second time (to another person). Do people usually include a divorce decree from a previous marriage of the Conditional Resident with i-751?
3) How important is the backside of the driver's license. Is it a common practice to include the backside of the driver's license (with barcode to scan) as well or only the front with the picture and address is enough? 

4) Copies of the passports?
5) Is it ok to leave some fields in the form i-751 empty or I must to put "N/A" or "NONE" in every single empty field?
I don't want to make a package too big with the evidence USCIS doesn't need and at the same time, I don't want to get RFE asking for such evidence.
Does anybody received or knows anyone receiving RFE for not attaching any of the documents listed above (such as copies of passports, marriage certificate or divorce decree for previous marriage)?
Thank you.

Edited by Ali14

@Ali14

we include a copy of the marriage certificate, copy of US passport, driver's licenses front and back. We did not include my divorce decree from my previous marriage. Of course, we did include the divorce decree for AOS. That was already vetted and blessed, so we did not see a need to include it again. 

We filled out all the fields. Instead of leaving blanks, we entered N/A or NONE. I think my husband used acrobat reader and created text boxes and that's how he was able to include it for all fields. 

Most importantly, we included evidence since the date of the marriage until the present date, as the I-751 instructions state. To be clear, we included every monthly statement and all pages for each statement. Some people do quarterly but I do not know if that means they do January and then skip February, march and then include April and so on. We did not do that. This is too important to be toying around with it. 

There are folks who will tell you they got approved with 15 pages of evidence. Well, we did not follow that advice. There are no gold stars for getting approved with minimal evidence. 

Additional advice - if you do not commingle your finances, that is OK. Just state and explain how you handle your finances. If it's two separate personal accounts, that's fine. You just have to delineate how you do it. USCIS will not do it for you. 

Print everything single sided and punch two holes at the top. This link has a very comprehensive example of an I-751 filing from Happy Chic. (it seems like that profile is no longer active). Anyway, here is the link 

Edited by USC4SPOUSE

I-751 Joint Filing.

06-15-2021 - Case was updated to show fingerprints were taken. 

05-26-2021 - Received NOA/extension letter. Notice date and postmarked 05-20-2021.

05-23-2021 - Received text message with Receipt #. YSC Potomac Center.

05-21-2021 - Checks cashed (processing on joint checking account)

05-07-2021 - I-751 received in Arizona.

Marriage-based AOS - Concurrent filing.

05-07-2019 - AOS Approved. Resident since date 05/07/2019.

05-06-2019 - AOS Interview

04-23-2018 - "Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview"

03-16-2018 - Priority Date.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.