AYJ

Vague Questions on I-130 & I-130 Applications

2 posts in this topic

My apologies if my post doesn't belong to this sub-forum. I'm new to Visa Journey!

There were a few things I wasn't sure about and wanted to seek help from the experts here :)

Thank you so much in advance :)

Question 1 of 3) Information about beneficiary in their native written language

I'm a Korean living in Canada. Am I supposed to write my Korean name in Korean and my Canadian address in English in a word doc and upload that?

image.thumb.png.938d02c256da92a1daa409b63fbc28f2.png

Question 2 of 3) Last Physical Address Outside the United States

All of my addresses within the past 5 years are outside the US:

2017 - Present (4 years): Canada

2017 - 2017 (less than a year): Canada

2016 - 2017 (less than a year): South Korea

I believe I'm supposed to put the most recent address (2017 - Present: Canada) but the form isn't letting me enter "Present" in 9b "Date To".

It's asking for a specific date in the "Date To" box.

If I understood this wrong, please correct me!

image.png.a9221b17a53dc18821b3dfae16469395.png

image.png.0f882614f6e0e8fdd66cf870429e5de7.png

Question 3 of 3) I-130A Expiry Date

The form available on USCIS website has an expiry date of Feb 2021. Is this alright to use this form? I couldn't find any other version on their website.

image.thumb.png.03c5427aed65fc5ba4f98f5b3db591ab.png

Edited by AYJ

11 minutes ago, AYJ said:

I'm a Korean living in Canada. Am I supposed to write my Korean name in Korean and my Canadian address in English in a word doc and upload that?

Name in native Korean only.  No need for Canadian address in English.  Remember to convert the document to PDF before upload.

15 minutes ago, AYJ said:

the form isn't letting me enter "Present" in 9b "Date To".

Leave the "Date To" field blank.

21 minutes ago, AYJ said:

The form available on USCIS website has an expiry date of Feb 2021. Is this alright to use this form?

OMB expiration date does not matter.  What matters is the form edition date at the bottom left of the pages.  The USCIS page for I-130 lists which form edition date is acceptable.  Currently, the 02/13/19 edition is the latest version.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.