Coco&Kitten

I never received a case number

6 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline

Hi Guys,

We filed our I-130 in April in Madrid (Spain), everything went smooth and afterwards I sent the DS-230 forms by mail. However, we never received a case number or an acknowledgement letter. We have not worried because we were not planning to move to the US till the end of the year and since the embassy in Madrid is so fast scheduling interviews, we were just waiting to send the final checklist (which I already completed it). Should we worry about the case number or maybe call them to ask?

Our plan is to send the checklist sometime in July and get an interview for September, then move by the end of the year or beginning of January (to avoid taxes!).

Kitten

Filed: Timeline

Dont' worry chica,

We didn't have a case number either. I don't think they issue them in Madrid. And not to mention my husband has the most common name on the planet....I was wondering how they would find his exact file, but they did!!! No problem.

Don't worry!!!

and good luck!

Married 3/31/07

DCF Madrid-04/22/07

Green Card Granted 5/29/07

DH arrived in USA to live with me for good! 6/3/07

Filing for removal of conditions by 5/29/09

Baby girl due on 5/17/09

Hi Guys,

We filed our I-130 in April in Madrid (Spain), everything went smooth and afterwards I sent the DS-230 forms by mail. However, we never received a case number or an acknowledgement letter. We have not worried because we were not planning to move to the US till the end of the year and since the embassy in Madrid is so fast scheduling interviews, we were just waiting to send the final checklist (which I already completed it). Should we worry about the case number or maybe call them to ask?

Our plan is to send the checklist sometime in July and get an interview for September, then move by the end of the year or beginning of January (to avoid taxes!).

Kitten

How could you send in DS-230 without approval and case number :blink:? Maybe Madrid works different than other consular posts? Like Wacken said, the case # is assigned when you get the "hola, your I-130 has been approved" letter. In any case and to avoid confusing you, why don't you give them a call or drop them an email?

Peace, L.

Hi Guys,

Kitten

How could you send in DS-230 without approval and case number :blink:? Maybe Madrid works different than other consular posts? Like Wacken said, the case # is assigned when you get the "hola, your I-130 has been approved" letter. In any case and to avoid confusing you, why don't you give them a call or drop them an email?

Peace, L.

We were approved for the I-130 more or less on the spot, gave our DS 230 in person, but we also had to send in a form saying we were ready for the interview. I even called for a reference number and they said it was unnecessary...all you put is your name and address. Maybe they are simple folk down there. All I know is we had no problems and my husband was in the states 5 weeks exactly from filing the I-130. Whatever works! Still hasnt' received his green card or SSN 5 weeks later, but at least he's here!

Married 3/31/07

DCF Madrid-04/22/07

Green Card Granted 5/29/07

DH arrived in USA to live with me for good! 6/3/07

Filing for removal of conditions by 5/29/09

Baby girl due on 5/17/09

We were approved for the I-130 more or less on the spot, gave our DS 230 in person, but we also had to send in a form saying we were ready for the interview. I even called for a reference number and they said it was unnecessary...all you put is your name and address. Maybe they are simple folk down there. All I know is we had no problems and my husband was in the states 5 weeks exactly from filing the I-130. Whatever works! Still hasnt' received his green card or SSN 5 weeks later, but at least he's here!

I so remember the one question interview!!! I am so jealous.....

;), L.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.