chako-

Military Spouse Expedited Naturalization in Spain

20 posts in this topic

21 minutes ago, Iscir said:

What visa did you have? CR1 or K1? If you came the to US on a CR1 you have to have an interview for ROC but if you came on a K1 it may be waived. 

Oh yes snap! That's what I meant, I will apply for my ROC on September-2022. Lol!

Then when I received my extension letter I will apply for overseas naturalization which will be just 9 months afteR I applied for ROC. It doesn't make that much sense to me how and why we have to pay again and again for this process but I guess that is the process and It is what it is. 😅

I just wanna do the naturalization overseas because It will be very hard for me to fly back to the US if they will schedule my interview back in the US. Like what is happening right now, I applied for the 319 (b) But they want me to fly back to the mainland and I can't really do that, Plane tickets are expensive and who knows when and how long will be the interview and oath will be, Plus I do not have a family back in the US. 

So I came in K1 visa. I had my interview for my 2 years greencard but I don't really count on it that they might waived my interview for ROC. So now I am just thinking it is really better to apply for overseas naturalization here, Atleast we could just drive up to Madrid. It is better than flying back to the US. Hehehe

Thank you so much for replying! I really appreciate it💕

31 minutes ago, Iscir said:

What visa did you have? CR1 or K1? If you came the to US on a CR1 you have to have an interview for ROC but if you came on a K1 it may be waived. 

And also I think I have to withdraw my application for Naturalization right now, Since I can't really fly back to the US anyways. Welpp.. We just wasted $700 for this one lol 🤷🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline

I was just as confused as you last year.

I’m a military spouse overseas (Japan) and everyone advised me to skip the process to Remove Conditions on my 2 year GC and apply for Citizenship under INA 319 (b). But with Covid-19 and information from several military spouses always changing, I instead went ahead, waited, and applied for my I-751 last year in June. 

I received a RFIE in March asking me to provide a location and date for me to fly back to the States or a U.S. territory to attend an interview.

I mailed my response to USCIS in May 8th, telling USCIS that my preferred location was Guam, but however, because I will be eligible to apply for my N-400 under Section INA 319(e) that I respectfully request to have my I-751 and N-400 interview combo together in Yokosuka, Japan. 

I just woke up from an email that said I have received a waiver and my 10 year Green Card has been approved! I checked my status on the USCIS website and indeed it says New Card is Being Produced!

So the next step will be to apply for Citizenship but the beauty of it is that there won’t be need of us to fly back to the states for this last process just because I waited. 

I know a couple of civilian spouses and military spouses, with N-400 under INA 319(b) applications still pending from summer last year; and I also know a spouse that applied for her N-400 under Section Ina 319(e) and she got it all done in under 2 months in the country she is residing, Germany. 

If you have any questions, I’m just a message away :)!

MY JOURNEY INTO GETTING A FIRST-TIME GREEN CARD, RENEWING A GREEN CARD, AND OBTAINING U.S. CITIZENSHIP:

I-130: https://vsjourneyss.wordpress.com/2020/08/23/my-spouse-visa-process-and-timeline-ir1-cr1/ From Colombia 🇨🇴

I-751: https://vsjourneyss.wordpress.com/2020/09/12/i-751-joint-petition-to-remove-conditions-on-residence/From Japan 🇯🇵 (Military spouse overseas)

N-400: https://vsjourneyss.wordpress.com/2022/08/03/3430/ From Japan 🇯🇵 

BLOG:  https://vsjourneyss.wordpress.com/inmigr/   

7 hours ago, valentinasc said:

I was just as confused as you last year.

I’m a military spouse overseas (Japan) and everyone advised me to skip the process to Remove Conditions on my 2 year GC and apply for Citizenship under INA 319 (b). But with Covid-19 and information from several military spouses always changing, I instead went ahead, waited, and applied for my I-751 last year in June. 

I received a RFIE in March asking me to provide a location and date for me to fly back to the States or a U.S. territory to attend an interview.

I mailed my response to USCIS in May 8th, telling USCIS that my preferred location was Guam, but however, because I will be eligible to apply for my N-400 under Section INA 319(e) that I respectfully request to have my I-751 and N-400 interview combo together in Yokosuka, Japan. 

I just woke up from an email that said I have received a waiver and my 10 year Green Card has been approved! I checked my status on the USCIS website and indeed it says New Card is Being Produced!

So the next step will be to apply for Citizenship but the beauty of it is that there won’t be need of us to fly back to the states for this last process just because I waited. 

I know a couple of civilian spouses and military spouses, with N-400 under INA 319(b) applications still pending from summer last year; and I also know a spouse that applied for her N-400 under Section Ina 319(e) and she got it all done in under 2 months in the country she is residing, Germany. 

If you have any questions, I’m just a message away :)!

Hi! I will send you a message! 😊

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.