kg_nz

Application suddenly complete?

2 posts in this topic

We submitted all our supporting docs to NVC on April 3rd and were just sent a notice this Monday (May 10th) that my portion of the application was incomplete and that I (the petitioner) needed to provide all my W2s/1099s from last year to support my I-864. I logged into the portal today and see that my portion is now labeled "Accepted". Does this mean I still need to provide 1099s or am I ok now?

It seemed strange they would even ask for them since I live and work abroad with my spouse (New Zealand), which should be very clear based on all the other supporting documentation and cover letter I provided. They have my tax returns that show I made a minuscule amount of dividend income from my savings accounts in the US, which isn't nearly enough to sponsor my husband's application – I have a family member as joint sponsor. Why would they even bother asking for my 1099s if they're meaningless in this application anyway?

Here's the message they sent Monday:

1283651774_CEAC-Messages2021-05-1220-42-53.png.4418745daf9b3fef8be10002e17a335f.png

And here's what it looked like today:

980791330_ImmigrantVisa-SummaryInformation2021-05-1220-40-24.png.4c336f53d3432bd42ff104de8a1025e0.png

(Yes, we're aware of the Invalid Doc in my husband's file, it's sorted.)

Another thing: 2 of our joint sponsor's docs haven't been accepted... does this just mean they have yet to be reviewed?

They clearly just started our review on Monday so maybe they aren't finished? Or should I be concerned that 2/6 of the docs have no response?:

1200893933_CEAC-SupportingDocuments2021-05-1220-36-53.png.226d343c79540dbba3176c67c48b0065.png

Any insight or clarity would be appreciated! Thank you!

Edited by kg_nz
added tags

• 2 weeks later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.