26 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
28 minutes ago, Log said:

did you find a solution to this problem? currently having it right now 

Same. Most of my stuff was ACCEPTED this afternoon. My joint-sponsor's just says SUBMITTED and doesn't have any notes or emails telling me to correct something.

2 minutes ago, juninho10 said:

Same. Most of my stuff was ACCEPTED this afternoon. My joint-sponsor's just says SUBMITTED and doesn't have any notes or emails telling me to correct something.

I submitted everything in the same week it all says submitted.  So I’m confused as well cause there’s no further instructions.  I did some research and I’m thinking it’s cause I didn’t submit everything the same day and they received the DS-260 alone. So I’m hoping that’s the issue. 
I did send an inquiry so if you want I can update you once they reply 

Timeline
10 minutes ago, Log said:

I submitted everything in the same week it all says submitted.  So I’m confused as well cause there’s no further instructions.  I did some research and I’m thinking it’s cause I didn’t submit everything the same day and they received the DS-260 alone. So I’m hoping that’s the issue. 
I did send an inquiry so if you want I can update you once they reply 

Thanks! I also sent an inquiry which, apparently, takes 2-weeks to get a response for. I'll let you know if I hear back from NVC.

The confusing thing is that all of my (applicant) documents have been accepted, all of my wife's (petitioner) have also been accepted. My father-in-law is the joint sponsor. They've accepted his proof of domicile (driving license scan B&W), and his IRS tax return. His I-864 and proof of citizenship still say SUBMITTED. I've read conflicting stuff online that say scans must be in color (even though driving license was in B&W and accepted) and that a scanned US passport has to show EVERY page including all of the blank ones. Imagine losing another 5 weeks on that basis...

17 minutes ago, juninho10 said:

Thanks! I also sent an inquiry which, apparently, takes 2-weeks to get a response for. I'll let you know if I hear back from NVC.

The confusing thing is that all of my (applicant) documents have been accepted, all of my wife's (petitioner) have also been accepted. My father-in-law is the joint sponsor. They've accepted his proof of domicile (driving license scan B&W), and his IRS tax return. His I-864 and proof of citizenship still say SUBMITTED. I've read conflicting stuff online that say scans must be in color (even though driving license was in B&W and accepted) and that a scanned US passport has to show EVERY page including all of the blank ones. Imagine losing another 5 weeks on that basis...

Oh okay. 
 since I just submitted everything it still says “Submitted”. I understand why it would be confusing.  Also, I’m pretty sure I’ve read through every document they have on submitting info so I don’t think all pages in the passport needs to be submitted. But if you do get a response before me I’ll appreciate all the info you can give ! 

Timeline
1 minute ago, Log said:

Oh okay. 
 since I just submitted everything it still says “Submitted”. I understand why it would be confusing.  Also, I’m pretty sure I’ve read through every document they have on submitting info so I don’t think all pages in the passport needs to be submitted. But if you do get a response before me I’ll appreciate all the info you can give ! 

Absolutely! This is my joint-sponsor's (Father-in-law) page right now:

image.thumb.png.f1f637c065f1971711f7df0235a57d42.png

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Log said:

Oh well I’m really confused as to why you would get that email 

I think I may be confusing you! I didn't get a DS-260 email. I just got a generic email from CEAC/NVC that told me to login:

"The National Visa Center (NVC) updated the status of your immigrant visa application. Please go to the Department of State's Consular Electronic Application Center (CEAC) at https://ceac.state.gov/IV. You will need your NVC case number and invoice ID number to log into your account.

Once you have logged into CEAC, please look in your message box or on the Status Chart at the bottom of the page. If NVC has feedback on any items you submitted, there will be a new message with details. If not, please simply follow the updated instructions on your Status Chart to complete your case. If any column says "Pay Now", "Invalid Doc", "Incomplete", or "Re-Opened", that means you must take action by paying a fee, submitting a form, or uploading a corrected/missing document."

I logged in to see everything ACCEPTED besides those 2, and I can't figure out what the issue is. My CEAC inbox is empty, too.

8 minutes ago, juninho10 said:

I think I may be confusing you! I didn't get a DS-260 email. I just got a generic email from CEAC/NVC that told me to login:

"The National Visa Center (NVC) updated the status of your immigrant visa application. Please go to the Department of State's Consular Electronic Application Center (CEAC) at https://ceac.state.gov/IV. You will need your NVC case number and invoice ID number to log into your account.

Once you have logged into CEAC, please look in your message box or on the Status Chart at the bottom of the page. If NVC has feedback on any items you submitted, there will be a new message with details. If not, please simply follow the updated instructions on your Status Chart to complete your case. If any column says "Pay Now", "Invalid Doc", "Incomplete", or "Re-Opened", that means you must take action by paying a fee, submitting a form, or uploading a corrected/missing document."

I logged in to see everything ACCEPTED besides those 2, and I can't figure out what the issue is. My CEAC inbox is empty, too.

Ohh I see ! Yeah we got two different emails.  Lol 

• 2 years later...
On 5/10/2021 at 7:55 PM, Milka & Chris said:

We got a message from the NVCthe name of the message is: DS-260 review note. I reviewed the whole application over and over but couldn't find out whats really missing. They didnt gave us no details on what exactly that they need. Its so confusing. Do anyone know what that means?

i am facing the same issue

also got case document review note

everything says submitted, cant figure out whats missing 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.