wael253

CR1 , cairo !

12 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

hello every body .

i had my CR1 interview 5/23/2007 .. and have been under AP ( administrative process )

consular said that i will be contacted within 1-2 months .. and since it has been 6 weeks now so my wife have called DOS ( Department Of State ) this morning .. so they told here my case is still in cairo ad asked her to call within 2 weeks or so .

i'm just wondering .....

1- does the DOS knows about all the CR1 cases .. or do they only know about case that been filed in USA

2- does cairo embassy transfer all the cases which under AP to the DOS for the check name clearance and etc .. or some cases are transfered and the other aren't

3- can it takes almost 6 weeks in cairo without being sent to the DOS .. is this considering a long time or is it normal

thank you all .. your help will be greately appreciated .. have a nice day .. wael

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
had my CR1 interview 5/23/2007 .. and have been under AP ( administrative process )

This is normal and your file is being checked for name and security clearances. Your case is also a CR-1 and your AOS for work authorization is being done now.

consular said that i will be contacted within 1-2 months .. and since it has been 6 weeks now so my wife have called DOS ( Department Of State ) this morning .. so they told here my case is still in cairo ad asked her to call within 2 weeks or so .

AP has no set time since no one can predict how long the security checks will take to come back clear.

1- does the DOS knows about all the CR1 cases .. or do they only know about case that been filed in USA

DOS has on file all cases and can update on cabled information from the embassy/consulate to the USA offices.

2- does cairo embassy transfer all the cases which under AP to the DOS for the check name clearance and etc .. or some cases are transfered and the other aren't

All visa applicants must have security clearances before the visa is ajudicated. This is normal processing.

3- can it takes almost 6 weeks in cairo without being sent to the DOS .. is this considering a long time or is it normal

Some cases are in AP at the embassy level as well and it can mean that they are doing a background check on your character as well.

Hang in there and hopefully your AP will be finished soon. Also, maybe someone else from Cairo that has been in this processing can give you their timeline.

Mary

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

Timeline

thank you MRs Mary for your detailed replay .. i understand that the AP doesn't have a time frame .. but isn't it really funny how some cases are sent to the DOS the next day of the interview and some cases are sent even perior to the interview AND some cases are not sent even after 6 weeks !

i'm not asking for a time frame for the AP .. i'm just wondering how long the cases could stay in cairo before the embassy even start to think about reviewing them or send them to the DOS !

i guess the answer is ( there is no time frame too ) :lol:

thanx again .. take care .. wael

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
thank you MRs Mary for your detailed replay .. i understand that the AP doesn't have a time frame .. but isn't it really funny how some cases are sent to the DOS the next day of the interview and some cases are sent even perior to the interview AND some cases are not sent even after 6 weeks !

i'm not asking for a time frame for the AP .. i'm just wondering how long the cases could stay in cairo before the embassy even start to think about reviewing them or send them to the DOS !

i guess the answer is ( there is no time frame too ) :lol:

thanx again .. take care .. wael

Are you sure the DOS gave you the correct info? They are famous for giving out wrong information. Apparently there are a few screens that they have to go through to get to the right info and normally they just glance at the first screen....from what I've read. Have your wife call back and ask again what the status is. Most likely it's already gone to DOS.

12/28/06 - got married :)

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

04/09/07 - I-130 and I-129F approval email sent!!!!

04/26/07 - Packet 3 received

06/16/07 - Medical Examination

06/26/07 - Packet 3 SUBMITTED FINALLY!!!!

07/07/07 - Received pkt 4

07/22/07 - interview consular never bothered to show up for work.

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

Timeline

hello MRs Bridget , thanx for your post.

how could we ever make sure that they are giving us the right info .. i'm sure we gave them the right info NAME & CASE NUMBER & ETC .. but did they ??? who knows

we have called the DOS for the first time yesterday .. today is off anyway .. i don't know if it's wise to gave them a call by tomorrow or it will be just time waisting !

when my wife called .. the guy was so nice as he asked for the case info then he asked her to wait for a minute to screen it .. the he came back and said , well it looks to me like it's still in Cairo !

Timeline
hello MRs Bridget , thanx for your post.

how could we ever make sure that they are giving us the right info .. i'm sure we gave them the right info NAME & CASE NUMBER & ETC .. but did they ??? who knows

we have called the DOS for the first time yesterday .. today is off anyway .. i don't know if it's wise to gave them a call by tomorrow or it will be just time waisting !

when my wife called .. the guy was so nice as he asked for the case info then he asked her to wait for a minute to screen it .. the he came back and said , well it looks to me like it's still in Cairo !

how'd you know my name?

:unsure:

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

Timeline
oh i'm sorry if it sounds confusing .. just took a look at your timeline :lol:

:blush:

that's what I call one of my "cognitive fog" moments. :)

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
oh i'm sorry if it sounds confusing .. just took a look at your timeline :lol:

:blush:

that's what I call one of my "cognitive fog" moments. :)

My fiance has been on A/P for 4 months now and his case never went to DOS also i believe Becky's love Sam his papers never made it to DOS either. When i had contact DOS awhile back they had told me that Cairo was conducting all of his security checks and i was told that by several people at DOS. So you really never know if that is what's going on with your case as well. Hopefully if that is not the case DOS will recieve your case soon. keep us updated. And for Cairo to tell you 1-2 months to get contacted sometimes that is true and sometimes its not because they have told several people that before after they complete there interview and sometimes it takes longer. I hope you get that call within 1-2 months! again let us know. I wish you a speedy A/P!!

AJ1

7/17/2005----I met the love of my life.

1/18/2006----Arrived in Egypt to visit my love.

5/11/2006----Sent I129F.

6/15/2006----Recieved NOA1.

6/22/2006----Recieved RFE (IMBRA).

7/12/2006----Replied to RFE (IMBRA) Sent back.

7/17/2006----Our 1 year Anniversary!!!!

7/19/2006----VSC recieved RFE (IMBRA).

7/20/2006----touched

8/18/2006----touched

8/18/2006----NOA2!!!!!! THANK YOU GOD!!!!

8/18/2006----VSC sent our petition to NVC.

8/19/2006----touched

8/22/2006----NVC recieved our petition.

8/23/2006----NVC sent our petition to Cairo Embassy.

8/25/2006----Recieved NOA2 Approval letter in the mail.

8/28/2006----Recieved NVC letter with new case number.

8/31/2006----Cairo Embassy recieved our petition.

9/24/2006----I emailed the Embassy reguarding my fiance's packet 3.

10/17/2006--Cairo sent packet 3 for the second time to my fiance. First one was never recieved.

10/19/2006--Packet 3 recieved.

12/20/2006--Packet 3 sent.

12/21/2006--Cairo Embassy recieved packet 3.

2/21/2007---Packet 4 recieved.

3/12/2007---Interview (He Passed)!

3/12/2007---Administrative Processing begins.............God please help me get through this!

7/17/2007---Our 2 Year Anniversay!!!

10/23/2007--7 months and 2 weeks of A/P and still waiting..........God help me!

4/22/2008---2nd Interview ( keep us in your prayers)

4/22/2008--He was approved for the Visa 2-3 weeks until he recieves it in the mail lets hope so!!

6/03/2008--VISA IN HAND! Thank you god!

7/03/2008--Our Wedding Day!

"NEVER GIVE UP"

Timeline

I wonder why some cases have checks via DOS and some viaCairo. That's odd!!!

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
I wonder why some cases have checks via DOS and some viaCairo. That's odd!!!

All cases go to DOS but some are considered to be questionable and they are investigated at the embassy level too. I know this from Islamabad and their processing. AP at Islamabad is when a non Pakistani marries a Pakistani and they send out officers for field investigations to make sure the marriage or relationship is legitimate, to rule out the SO is not already married in their home country, to make sure funds did not exchange hands for the visa being a paid transaction, etc. Not everyone is aware they have a field investigation sometimes they only talk to neighbors, others like myself had an officer go to my husband's home and enjoy tea and snacks and talked to his whole family at home to make sure they approved of the marriage, took a few of our pictures, went to his married sister's home and talked to them as well as phone contacted the scholar that performed our Nikkah and attendees of our wedding and walima.

At the embassy level three(3) checks are performed but at certain consulates the T countries)more checks are performed but the first three are the Condor, Mantis and NCIC. What are the T countries?

Although there is no official list, the list of countries reportedly affected by these restrictions includes, but is not limited to, Afghanistan, Algeria, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Djibouti, Egypt, Eritrea, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Malaysia, Morocco, Oman, Pakistan, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Somalia, Sudan, Syria, Tunisia, Turkey, the United Arab Emirates, and Yemen.

My information is taken from the Wolfsdorf Articles. Hope this information is helpful to everyone.

Mary

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

Timeline

thank you all for the info .. some people advised me of contacting the DOS once again as they believe DOS give some wrong info on some cases .. so i will let my wife contact the DOS maybe tomorrow and see if they have changed their mind yet :lol:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.