Bzlibem

AOS forms needed for a parent

7 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country:
Timeline

Hi All!

Recently I became a US citizen and I'm getting ready to file AOS for my mom, who has been living in the US undocumented since 2011. She has never left the US since. It's been a while since I applied for my AOS and I'm wondering what forms do I need to file a concurrent AOS for a parent? All guides I found are mainly for people doing AOS from K visas or for their spouses. Has anything changed since 2017? I read a while ago about a credit check form, but I'm not sure if this applies? Also, I'm planning to be her only sponsor. 

Thanks in advance!

Edited by Bzlibem

Timeline
Just now, aaron2020 said:

Did you mom legally enter the US?

If your mom legally entered the US and overstay, then she can file for AOS.

If your mom entered the US without inspection, then she does not qualify to file for AOS.  

She entered legally on B2 visa and overstayed. 

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline
1 minute ago, Bzlibem said:

She entered legally on B2 visa and overstayed. 

Follow the VJ Guide for adjusting status.  It's pretty much the same as filing to adjust from a K-1.  In addition, your mother will need an I-130.  

Timeline

Follow the VJ Guide for adjusting status.  It's pretty much the same as filing to adjust from a K-1.  In addition, your mother will need an I-130.  

Thanks! Will do. I just noticed though that the I-130 form on USCIS official website is expired and there is no current version. Any ideas on what to do?

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline
Just now, Bzlibem said:

Thanks! Will do. I just noticed though that the I-130 form on USCIS official website is expired and there is no current version. Any ideas on what to do?

Ignore the expiration date.  Whatever is on the USCIS's website is the latest and current forms.

Timeline

Ignore the expiration date.  Whatever is on the USCIS's website is the latest and current forms.

Thanks! Also, do I need to file G-325A?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.