mannionsworld

Second interview. Impending doom

4 posts in this topic

I have been awaiting an FBI namecheck for over 2 years. I had my AOS interview in August 2005 and had heard very little up until today, when I got a letter requesting a second interview. During these 2 years the relationship ended. We are not divorced, but we have seperated and are going to file divorce papers soon.

My wife says she will come to the interview, but I am not going to ask her to lie about our relationship. I am almost certain to be denied, I think. Has anyone got experience of a second interview? Will the amount of time I've waited count for anything? Is saying that we entered the marriage in good faith enough. I have no idea and am really upset. After 2 years waiting in the syestem for a namecheck, this is a horrible outcome.

I do want to stay. I am settled and am into my third year as a teacher here in the US. But I think I need to be realistic. My second interview is in 4-weeks time, and I think I should quit my teaching job. If I'm denied, the students won't have a teacher!

I really want people on the board to give me some hope, but i think there's no turning back. Please let me know what you think

Filed: Timeline
I have been awaiting an FBI namecheck for over 2 years. I had my AOS interview in August 2005 and had heard very little up until today, when I got a letter requesting a second interview. During these 2 years the relationship ended. We are not divorced, but we have seperated and are going to file divorce papers soon.

My wife says she will come to the interview, but I am not going to ask her to lie about our relationship. I am almost certain to be denied, I think. Has anyone got experience of a second interview? Will the amount of time I've waited count for anything? Is saying that we entered the marriage in good faith enough. I have no idea and am really upset. After 2 years waiting in the syestem for a namecheck, this is a horrible outcome.

I do want to stay. I am settled and am into my third year as a teacher here in the US. But I think I need to be realistic. My second interview is in 4-weeks time, and I think I should quit my teaching job. If I'm denied, the students won't have a teacher!

I really want people on the board to give me some hope, but i think there's no turning back. Please let me know what you think

A second interview is often referred to as a Stokes Interview, and is normally undertaken when there is some question as to the validity of the marriage. Any chance that your estranged wife might have reported something to USCIS?

If the interview is in 4 weeks, make haste to find a competent immigration attorney to review protocol and what you should be prepared for, in advance. There's too much at stake with a marriage that is on the rocks prior to successful adjustment.

"diaddie mermaid"

You can 'catch' me on here and on FBI.

No, I don't think my wife would do this. I spoke to her just the other day and she is happy for me to be in the US. She even said she'd come to the interview. I'm just not sure if this is going to be a waste of time.

My first interview was in August, 2005. If they ask me the same questions again, I can only see a denial. I thought they might want to interview me because it had been so long. As I said, I've been in namecheck limbo ever since my first interview. That's what they said online and in correspondances.

To be honest, my first interview didn't go very well. I was nervous and they siad they'd have to review my case. So maybe it's just taken 2-years to organize this stokes interview. Would they let me know it's a stoke interview on the interview letter? It just said "notice to attend interview."

Again, any feedback would be nice.

A second interview is often referred to as a Stokes Interview, and is normally undertaken when there is some question as to the validity of the marriage. Any chance that your estranged wife might have reported something to USCIS?

If the interview is in 4 weeks, make haste to find a competent immigration attorney to review protocol and what you should be prepared for, in advance. There's too much at stake with a marriage that is on the rocks prior to successful adjustment.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.