rupok93

AOS interview Checklist: K1 what do you guys think?

3 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Indonesia
Timeline

First let me explain our situation. I am my wifes sponser through K1.

We married in November 2019 in court but didnt have a party till December 2020. When my wife came over to the usa we lived in florida, then we moved to texas in the beginning of this year. I only have one lease that has her name on it but its handwritten on the lease as it was a private house not an apartment. We dont have a house in texas yet, been living in airbnb, waiting on our house to close, unfortunately since it was a new  build it doesnt have both our names on it, just mine but the eventual title will have both our names but we close after the interview...We both have seperate bank accounts and I dont have utilities with her name on them. I fear I may be missing joint evidence.

WHAT I AM BRINGING: 

Main documents:

Me (Husband Sponser)-

-Original and copy of Birth certificate for myself.

-Original and copy of my Us citizen naturalization certificate.

-Original and copy of my drivers license.

-Original and copy of my global access id.

-Original and copy of my current passport with travel stamps to Indonesia.

-Original of my previous passport with travel stamps to Indonesia, just bringing copy of the stamps. 

-Original and copy of my social security.

-Affadavit of support.

-2 months of paystubs.

-Tax file 2018,2019,2020. 2019 and 2020 were filled as married jointly.

-Tax transcript 2018,2019,2020.

-W2 2018,2019,2020

-Letter from employer saying i work there full time, my salary, and start date back in march 2018.

-Bank statements.

-401k statements

Her(Wife, aos applicant)

-Original and copy of her birth certificate.

Certified translation copy of her birth certificate. (This was requested in a RFE even though original is bilingual)

-Original and copy of her passport, visa and travel stamp to usa.

-I 94 copy.

-Original and copy of her social security card.

-Original and copy of her EAD card.

-Original and copy of her state Id(unfortunately this expired January because we couldnt renew it in time while moving out of florida)

-Her vaccination copy Ds2054, one copy from me and original copy from jakarta. The real original was taken by immigration in the sealed packet on arrival.

-Original and copies of all notices received from USCIS, including interview notice, advance parole, EAD, I485 processing, and K1. Unfortunately the only original I dont have is the RFE as they requested it be sent back with the additional required birth certificate translation.

-Bank statements showing i regularly give her money which she uses to pay her credit card.

EVIDENCE:

-Selected pictures from the beginning of our relationship, from going to bali, bandung and kalimantan when I used to visit her, and pictures in orlando and texas in the usa, also pictures of our late wedding party in december 2020 in nj.(married officially November 2019)

-Marriage certificate certified and its copy, they look almost identical. Florida literally just copies the original.

-Receipt from court for marriage payment, has our names on it.

- Insurance benefit outline page from work that lists both our names for 2019, 2020, 2021.

- Insurance card copies for each of us, both has our names.

-Screenshot confirming my wife is my beneficiary in my 401k

-Screenshot and email confirming that my wife is the beneficiary of my life insurance.

-Boarding passes of us both coming from Indonesia together.

-Boarding pass of one of our trips to visit my parents in NJ.

- Itiniary of our flight trips in the usa including december when we had our wedding party.

-Itiniary from work when I made a trip to texas for housing hunting from florida with both our names.

-Airbnb receipts with both our names.

-Verizon phone bills, her phone number has her nickname(printed that page) but in the statements all the numbers including my sister are just named as under me, so idk if these will be helpful.

OTHER:

-K1 COPY with all pages sent to uscis.

-I 485 copy with all pages sent to uscis.

-Old florida leases, with her before marriage name written as a person occupying the property with me.

-Our new house contract, unfortunately only has my name, signature and the companies signature. We had thought we would close before the interview and show those documents but that didnt happen.

Do you guys think I have enough items to prove our marriage? Please help we are getting nervous interview is Thursday..

Edited by rupok93

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline
1 hour ago, rupok93 said:

First let me explain our situation. I am my wifes sponser through K1.

We married in November 2019 in court but didnt have a party till December 2020. When my wife came over to the usa we lived in florida, then we moved to texas in the beginning of this year. I only have one lease that has her name on it but its handwritten on the lease as it was a private house not an apartment. We dont have a house in texas yet, been living in airbnb, waiting on our house to close, unfortunately since it was a new  build it doesnt have both our names on it, just mine but the eventual title will have both our names but we close after the interview...We both have seperate bank accounts and I dont have utilities with her name on them. I fear I may be missing joint evidence.

WHAT I AM BRINGING: 

Main documents:

Me (Husband Sponser)-

-Original and copy of Birth certificate for myself.

-Original and copy of my Us citizen naturalization certificate.

-Original and copy of my drivers license.

-Original and copy of my global access id.

-Original and copy of my current passport with travel stamps to Indonesia.

-Original of my previous passport with travel stamps to Indonesia, just bringing copy of the stamps. 

-Original and copy of my social security.

-Affadavit of support.

-2 months of paystubs.

-Tax file 2018,2019,2020. 2019 and 2020 were filled as married jointly.

-Tax transcript 2018,2019,2020.

-W2 2018,2019,2020

-Letter from employer saying i work there full time, my salary, and start date back in march 2018.

-Bank statements.

-401k statements

Her(Wife, aos applicant)

-Original and copy of her birth certificate.

Certified translation copy of her birth certificate. (This was requested in a RFE even though original is bilingual)

-Original and copy of her passport, visa and travel stamp to usa.

-I 94 copy.

-Original and copy of her social security card.

-Original and copy of her EAD card.

-Original and copy of her state Id(unfortunately this expired January because we couldnt renew it in time while moving out of florida)

-Her vaccination copy Ds2054, one copy from me and original copy from jakarta. The real original was taken by immigration in the sealed packet on arrival.

-Original and copies of all notices received from USCIS, including interview notice, advance parole, EAD, I485 processing, and K1. Unfortunately the only original I dont have is the RFE as they requested it be sent back with the additional required birth certificate translation.

-Bank statements showing i regularly give her money which she uses to pay her credit card.

EVIDENCE:

-Selected pictures from the beginning of our relationship, from going to bali, bandung and kalimantan when I used to visit her, and pictures in orlando and texas in the usa, also pictures of our late wedding party in december 2020 in nj.(married officially November 2019)

-Marriage certificate certified and its copy, they look almost identical. Florida literally just copies the original.

-Receipt from court for marriage payment, has our names on it.

- Insurance benefit outline page from work that lists both our names for 2019, 2020, 2021.

- Insurance card copies for each of us, both has our names.

-Screenshot confirming my wife is my beneficiary in my 401k

-Screenshot and email confirming that my wife is the beneficiary of my life insurance.

-Boarding passes of us both coming from Indonesia together.

-Boarding pass of one of our trips to visit my parents in NJ.

- Itiniary of our flight trips in the usa including december when we had our wedding party.

-Itiniary from work when I made a trip to texas for housing hunting from florida with both our names.

-Airbnb receipts with both our names.

-Verizon phone bills, her phone number has her nickname(printed that page) but in the statements all the numbers including my sister are just named as under me, so idk if these will be helpful.

OTHER:

-K1 COPY with all pages sent to uscis.

-I 485 copy with all pages sent to uscis.

-Old florida leases, with her before marriage name written as a person occupying the property with me.

-Our new house contract, unfortunately only has my name, signature and the companies signature. We had thought we would close before the interview and show those documents but that didnt happen.

Do you guys think I have enough items to prove our marriage? Please help we are getting nervous interview is Thursday..

You guys have double the evidence we did during AOS. You should be fine. Go through the usual "questions" that the officer might ask but evidence wise, you should be ok. 

~ 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Indonesia
Timeline

what questions were you asked if you dont mind me asking? We have been reviewing all the questions online and its hard to keep track of every specific date. Is within a month timeframe ok besides the marriage day of course?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.