jrader

Interview Date and "Refused" status for K1 Visa

5 posts in this topic

Hello,

My fiance was supposed to have her K1 interview at GZ in December 2019. The medical examination made her delay for two months, at which point we were no longer able to have the interview due to covid. I have continuously sent requests for information  just to make sure they knew we were still trying. About 2 weeks ago the hospital in GZ called her to let her know that the consulate would be sending her an email with an interview date. Yesterday we received an email from the GZ consulate informing us that she had an interview date of May 4, 2021.

UStraveldocs allowed me to generate a new interview barcode, but the May 4 interview is not listed anywhere on the dashboard. I went to check her visa at https://ceac.state.gov/ and we were met with a notification that the status was refused. The status update was dated today. She just managed to get ahold of someone at the hospital and they told her she should still come in for her examination. Does anyone have any idea why the status might be refused? We haven't had any luck getting anyone from the consulate on the phone. 

This has been a long two years since we started this process. Any advice is appreciated.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Hi, I would say just ignore it. I just had my interview and my case status was always “refused”, even after I received the appointment letter from GZ consulate.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: China
Timeline

I had something similar, my status went from IN TRANSIT after leaving NVC to REFUSED once it got to the consulate and stayed that way all the way up until the visa was issued, when it just disappeared from the system.  Her visa arrived with no issues.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.