Hmmehanna88

US BEIRUT EMBASSY Didn't send passport

5 posts in this topic

hello everyone so wife went to the interview at US beirut embassy and got a 221g they asked her to renew her police certificate.  She mailed it and got a call on Friday saying she got approve for her visa but she have to travel on Monday because her medical exam expires. Now it is Monday there is no passport at Aramex and embassy isn't responding to the emails. I don't know how this is happening calling her tell her she have to travel to the US and didn't send the passport and her visa status on ceac says ready not issued yet ?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline
9 hours ago, Hmmehanna88 said:

hello everyone so wife went to the interview at US beirut embassy and got a 221g they asked her to renew her police certificate.  She mailed it and got a call on Friday saying she got approve for her visa but she have to travel on Monday because her medical exam expires. Now it is Monday there is no passport at Aramex and embassy isn't responding to the emails. I don't know how this is happening calling her tell her she have to travel to the US and didn't send the passport and her visa status on ceac says ready not issued yet ?

Do they have her passport? 
if the answer is yes, then go to the embassy and ask them to assist you.

if the answer is No, then may be they want you to bring the passport to give you the visa. Also a visa is not issued unless it shows issued, as long as it shows Ready then it’s not. There’s a group on Facebook called (NVC Process Help) they are experts and give free consultations and advice as well. Request to join it and I’m sure they will help you. 

1 hour ago, Youssuf said:

Do they have her passport? 
if the answer is yes, then go to the embassy and ask them to assist you.

if the answer is No, then may be they want you to bring the passport to give you the visa. Also a visa is not issued unless it shows issued, as long as it shows Ready then it’s not. There’s a group on Facebook called (NVC Process Help) they are experts and give free consultations and advice as well. Request to join it and I’m sure they will help you. 

They called her it turn out they want her to redo the medical so we are going to do it tomorrow and see what happens. It is just weird 😕 how they didn't ask her to do so on her interview last month. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline
12 hours ago, Hmmehanna88 said:

They called her it turn out they want her to redo the medical so we are going to do it tomorrow and see what happens. It is just weird 😕 how they didn't ask her to do so on her interview last month. 

If the medical is older than 6 months then you have to redo it, I know it’s not fair and it cost $300, but unfortunately we can’t do anything. I’m glad they called you guys, it’s a good sign. Good luck 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.