Gdoggy1678

Estimated Interview date?

3 posts in this topic

Hey All,

I have just submitted my documents into the NVC on April 2nd and expecting this to take 2-3 months if there arent any issues. As I live and work in China currently proving US based income and proof of US domicile is not strait forward. Im using all US based assets which are clearly over 3 times the povety limit (but not all of it has been in the US for 12 months) and for US domicile included my CA vehcile registration, car insurance, US cell phone bill, credit cards, Jet Ski registarion all of those being current. Praying there is no delay here. 

What im curious about is how long have people recently been waiting between their DQ at NVC and reciving an interview at Guangzhou? On this site I'm only seeing information on interviews for K-1 but not really seeing too much for CR/IR-1. I would love to assume since COVID-19 hasnt been really been an issue in China for nearly a year now that the delays would be minimal but I know thats probably a really niave thought. 

Thanks in advance!

Timeline

Since interviews only recently started I think it's hard to get an estimate of when you'll get an interview.

Guangzhou used to be pretty quick. When we did the CR2 process for my stepdaughter pre-Covid, we got our interview appointment 2 weeks after DQ. The appointment was 3 weeks after we got the interview notice. However, there is a backlog of several months when interviews were totally suspended. I know they've re-started them, but probably additional petitions have been approved since then as well. I know they are prioritizing immediate relatives so that complicates the predictions as well. And if NVC takes 3 months to DQ you, who knows what the situation will look like in July. 

If I were in your case and making plans, I'd probably assume 9-12 months until visa in hand. And that assumes no problems with NVC, no length administrative processing, etc...  best of luck to you!

5 hours ago, RamonGomez said:

Since interviews only recently started I think it's hard to get an estimate of when you'll get an interview.

Guangzhou used to be pretty quick. When we did the CR2 process for my stepdaughter pre-Covid, we got our interview appointment 2 weeks after DQ. The appointment was 3 weeks after we got the interview notice. However, there is a backlog of several months when interviews were totally suspended. I know they've re-started them, but probably additional petitions have been approved since then as well. I know they are prioritizing immediate relatives so that complicates the predictions as well. And if NVC takes 3 months to DQ you, who knows what the situation will look like in July. 

If I were in your case and making plans, I'd probably assume 9-12 months until visa in hand. And that assumes no problems with NVC, no length administrative processing, etc...  best of luck to you!

Thanks for your thoughts Ramon! It's realy difficult to find up to date information in China regarding CR/IR1. 

Much Apprecated!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.