MANI21

Post 221g document submission clarity

17 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

My wife had visa interview in Mumbai on March 1 2021. She was handed over 221g for additional verification. She later submitted missing documents on March 16th 2021 at Mumbai Visa Center. Yesterday she received submitted documents back, after embassy had verified them. It also has her medical report in a grey bag.  Embassy sent an enclosed document  which states that she has to submit her passport. The consular officer has circled the MIV box which is asking for  more documents to upload on the CEAC website which I already did. Do I have to submit civil documents, financial documents (for example: I-864, bank statement  and medical documents) again on the website and in person or not. I have attached the document consulate sent to her.

Please help me in this matter. 

InkedWhatsApp Image 2021-03-28 at 9.51.37 AM (1)_LI.jpg

WhatsApp Image 2021-03-28 at 9.51.37 AM.jpeg

Timeline

When you uploaded the documents did it say accepted? As long as it says accepted then you should be done with that part. Now you need to schedule an appointment at one of the 221 drop boxes and bring the same documents you uploaded to that. 
I am just saying what I’m interpreting this letter to mean. You only need to upload whatever documents it said on website or in letter. 

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Siddsgal said:

When you uploaded the documents did it say accepted? As long as it says accepted then you should be done with that part. Now you need to schedule an appointment at one of the 221 drop boxes and bring the same documents you uploaded to that. 
I am just saying what I’m interpreting this letter to mean. You only need to upload whatever documents it said on website or in letter. 

Why they asking it again when they already have the same documents in the system. 

Timeline
14 minutes ago, MANI21 said:

Why they asking it again when they already have the same documents in the system. 

Because they can lol. I don’t know why they ask for certain things more than once, sorta think they use computer programs that automatically just flag things. 
When you went to upload for this 221, was there a list of documents they had listed as needing? 

Timeline
25 minutes ago, Siddsgal said:

Because they can lol. I don’t know why they ask for certain things more than once, sorta think they use computer programs that automatically just flag things. 
When you went to upload for this 221, was there a list of documents they had listed as needing? 

No. They just sent these papers when they returned other documents in a packet

Timeline
5 minutes ago, MANI21 said:

No. They just sent these papers when they returned other documents in a packet

I would maybe try posting this question in the 221 thread, you probably would get more help. My hubby & I haven’t had our interview yet so haven’t had the joy🙄 of getting these papers yet. Seems like they are giving most people 221s at Mumbai which after all the stupid lockdowns keeping us couples apart for so long, giving 221 slips just seems cruel. 

• 1 month later...
Timeline
1 minute ago, Kay_Pat said:

Ah ok, on my 221g, the “Note(MIV)” portion is worded differently. It doesn’t mention anything about civil, financial, medical documents. It just says you must upload and submit the above documents, but only passport is checked. Not sure if I have to upload passport biographic page again?

Just upload the biographoc page before they ask you to submit again. They can bother you for tiny details 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.