EXP14

MARCH 2021 I-130 FILERS FOR PARENTS (PROGRESS REPORTS ONLY)

52 posts in this topic

On 6/14/2021 at 11:41 PM, User123456789 said:

I-130 filed: March18, 2021

I -130 Case Approved: May 7, 2021

Case sent to NVC: May 10, 2021

Ds-260 Submitted with all documents and fees: May 15, 2021

Case Documentary Qualified: June 10, 2021

Currently waiting for the interview..

- What service center you were in? you can find it in the left bottom of your first notice.

- Which country your beneficiary live?  

Hello everyone, 

I submitted the I-130 for my mother on July 3rd, 2021. I can't find a forum for July anywhere so I am posting here! On December 14th the case status changed to "Case is being actively reviewed by USCIS." A little bit of progress, I am really hoping it gets approved soon so my mum can come over in the spring. Has anyone elses case changed to this recently? If so, what was the time between the reviewing and approval? Service center says Potomac on notice.

• 2 months later...

Filed March 24th 2021 for both Parents. Case went to Nebraska and was opened for first review Aug4th & 11 respectively.

Received an RFE about my birth certificate yesterday and responded back the same day. Anyone had RFE ? Can you share the turn around time after submitting your RFE? Case is now at Potomac, I did not even realize it got transferred. I am afraid we dont get thrown at the back of the burner.

Thanks

Edited by Deji

STAGE 4: Removal of Conditions

03/19/18: I-751 mailed - Vermont Service Center

03/22/18: I-751 delivered to Vermont Service Center

03/23/18: Check Cashed

03/28/18: NOA1

05/29/2018: Biometrics

03/19/2019 : Transferred to Dallas Field Office

Naturalization

02/27/19: N-400 Filed Online

02/27/19: NOA1

03/05/19: Biometrics

• 5 months later...
Filed: Timeline

Yes!  Our petition for my parent is  finally approved at NVC and now onto the Consulate Interview Stage.

Had an RFE back on May 13th 2022 for an additional year of Taxes.

Sent RFE items on May 16th, 2022.

NVC  status updated  to Approved - 07/26/2022

Waiting on Interview to be schedule

• 7 months later...
Filed: Timeline

Progress update as the Visa interview is certainly a process.

My mother had a visa interview scheduled for December 8th but was turned away as she was missing a certified Birth Certificate.   My mother was born in a remote part of Laos where there were no birth records and the country of Laos did not recognize their birth until recently.

We got her birth certificate recertified and had to rescheduled an appointment to March 20, 23.   

Yesterday she went to her Visa interview and the US consulate gave her a verbal approval, took her passport and gave her a Receipt to come back and pick her Visa at a later day.   HOWEVER, they didn't provide a date.  They advised, they will call her when the visa is issued.      They ALSO gave her another Request for Documentation letter as they wanted our updated 2021 Tax Transcript & W2s.     

The request letter advise for us to upload the docs to CEAC and e-mail them when it is completed.  We uploaded and now are waiting to see if the VISA will be issued.   From what I've read on VJ, it normally takes 7-10 business days.

CROSS-our finger.  Hope we get it issued soon!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

For the folks already in the NVC stage. Do that parents have to show assets or cash in bank for the interview process ? Or is it just my bank balance, assets and income they are looking for since I will be their sponsor in the states ? Also for those already having green card for their parents, how are you handeling insurance for parents ? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.