2 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

DONT KNOW WHY MY PRIVIOUS POST DELETED ???

Hello fellow members and experts, I have applied I130 in dec 2020  for my Dad.
Background : My Dad is widower and my mother passed away  So, I have my mother's death certificate but we donot have the marriage certificate of my Mom and Dad because in 70s registering a marriage was not really compulsary and in all the official Indian documents for my (mom and Dad) such as passport, adhaar, children birth certificate etc they have correctly listed the husband-wife name so nobody thought of having a need of getting a marriage certificate.

So in I130 i had provided my birth certificate, Mom's death certificate and other details, however, I got the RFE indicating:Submit Marriage Certificate of my Father
Father's Paternity and Ligitimation: Need marriage certificate to prove im born in wedlock 

What do we not have :
Marriage certificate: Unfortunately Punjab government is not issuing certificates in cases where one of the spouses have deceased, so we cannot get a certificate.

What do we have:
Mom's death certificate( has (dad's)husband's name on it), my birth certificate indicating name of parents, some joint Bank accounts with Mom and Dad lisitng all our names. Adhaar card of Mom and Dad listing spouse's name. Passport of Mom listing Dad's name as husband.

So what do we need to send in this case any opinion ? I thought my birth certificate would be sufficient but looks like they want more details. If an affidavit is required can someone suggest what should be mentioned in affidavit and is there any template available. Appreciate your help and guidance on this.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline
14 hours ago, bond1980 said:

DONT KNOW WHY MY PRIVIOUS POST DELETED ???

Hello fellow members and experts, I have applied I130 in dec 2020  for my Dad.
Background : My Dad is widower and my mother passed away  So, I have my mother's death certificate but we donot have the marriage certificate of my Mom and Dad because in 70s registering a marriage was not really compulsary and in all the official Indian documents for my (mom and Dad) such as passport, adhaar, children birth certificate etc they have correctly listed the husband-wife name so nobody thought of having a need of getting a marriage certificate.

So in I130 i had provided my birth certificate, Mom's death certificate and other details, however, I got the RFE indicating:Submit Marriage Certificate of my Father
Father's Paternity and Ligitimation: Need marriage certificate to prove im born in wedlock 

What do we not have :
Marriage certificate: Unfortunately Punjab government is not issuing certificates in cases where one of the spouses have deceased, so we cannot get a certificate.

What do we have:
Mom's death certificate( has (dad's)husband's name on it), my birth certificate indicating name of parents, some joint Bank accounts with Mom and Dad lisitng all our names. Adhaar card of Mom and Dad listing spouse's name. Passport of Mom listing Dad's name as husband.

So what do we need to send in this case any opinion ? I thought my birth certificate would be sufficient but looks like they want more details. If an affidavit is required can someone suggest what should be mentioned in affidavit and is there any template available. Appreciate your help and guidance on this.

Hello bond1980 - I was in the exact scenario for my case and got RFE. It was resolved after submitting documents (affidavits from relatives etc) - They need to be notarized. You can send me a personal message and I can guide you. Good Luck.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.