EmmaB

UPS WITH SIGNATURE

7 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Is this for ROC/ I-751?

I did not use any signature requirement. However, when I tracked the UPS receipt, it had the name of the receiving individual at USCIS location. This pretty much serves the same purpose as asking for a signature. So I would not pay extra $$ for a signature

Edited by Timona

Immigration journey is not: fast, for the faint at heart, easy, cheap, for the impatient nor right away. If more than 50% of this applies to you, best get off the bus.

Just now, Timona said:

Is this for ROC/ I-751?

I did not use any signature requirement. However, when I tracked the UPS receipt, it had the name of the receiving individual at USCIS location. This pretty much serves the same purpose as asking for a signature. So I would not pay extra $$ for a signature

What service I have to request to ups location if I want to do the same as you did? 
I don’t care much about money more for me to feel “safe” that my paper arrived 

Timeline

Your response is contradicting.

You do understand that what I did (no signature) is totally different from what you want to do (signature).

To make it clearer:

1. I did not request any signature. UPS clerk asked me if I wanted one, I declined.
  2. Well, if you do not care about the $$, then ask for "signature upon delivery." It will not cost you much.

Whether you do 1 or 2 above, someone will sign it. So why pay extra if the result is the same?

And paying for signature does not make it "much safer." Your papers can still get lost on transit even if you pay for them to be delivered by a drone.

Edited by Timona

Immigration journey is not: fast, for the faint at heart, easy, cheap, for the impatient nor right away. If more than 50% of this applies to you, best get off the bus.

25 minutes ago, Timona said:

Your response is contradicting.

You do understand that what I did (no signature) is totally different from what you want to do (signature).

To make it clearer:

1. I did not request any signature. UPS clerk asked me if I wanted one, I declined.
  2. Well, if you do not care about the $$, then ask for "signature upon delivery." It will not cost you much.

Whether you do 1 or 2 above, someone will sign it. So why pay extra if the result is the same?

And paying for signature does not make it "much safer." Your papers can still get lost on transit even if you pay for them to be delivered by a drone.

I understand that... my question is another one how is it called the service that u requested at ups 

Timeline

It has no name.

The UPS clerk will ask if you want "signature upon delivery". Just say "No signature required." This avoids the extra signature $$ charge.

Now, here is something good again. When you go to UPS, the clerk will ask you when you want it delivered. The faster you want it delivered, the more $$ you pay. For example, if you want it delivered within 24 hours, you will pay more $$ as compared to delivering 3 days later.

I always tell them to deliver it later, that I am not in a hurry. Guess what, you will be surprised that it gets delivered early, even the next day. So basically, I pay less $$ but they deliver it early. Understood what I am talking about here?

So when you go, tell them to give you:

1. Regular delivery and
  2. No signature required. Save the $$.

1 minute ago, Timona said:

It has no name.

The UPS clerk will ask if you want "signature upon delivery". Just say "No signature required." This avoids the extra signature $$ charge.

Now, here is something good again. When you go to UPS, the clerk will ask you when you want it delivered. The faster you want it delivered, the more $$ you pay. For example, if you want it delivered within 24 hours, you will pay more $$ as compared to delivering 3 days later.

I always tell them to deliver it later, that I am not in a hurry. Guess what, you will be surprised that it gets delivered early, even the next day. So basically, I pay less $$ but they deliver it early. Understood what I am talking about here?

So when you go, tell them to give you:

1. Regular delivery and
  2. No signature required. Save the $$.

Ok perfect thank u for sharing your experience! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.