featherB

I keep getting logged out today...

59 posts in this topic

It's driving me insane... logged out over and over and over again this morning - sometimes as soon as I log in, I'm logged out again! It's now happening whenever I view someone's profile as well as when I try to respond to a post... don't hold out much hope of this reply posting, it just took me 5 attempts to reply to another post. Very strange... Have rebooted (cheers, Dev! :) ), but that doesn't seem to have achieved much!

Wish I knew whether it was something I could fix, or if VJ just hates me right now! :blush: Oh, and yep, Mags, it is utterly, utterly infuriating... I did try to reply to your post (& Devilette's) with the quote thingy, but... nothing doing!)

Edited by featherB

2005 - We met

2006 - Filed I-129F

2007 - K-1 issued, moved to US, completed AOS (a busy year, immigration-wise)

2009 - Conditions lifted

2010 - Will be naturalising. Buh-bye, USCIS! smile.png

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Oh, and yep, Mags, it is utterly, utterly infuriating...

My hubby says he thinks it could be your browser. If you're using Safari, try downloading Firefox. Vice versa if you're using Firefox, try using Safari instead.

If it turns out it isn't your browser, at least you can tick that off your list of possibles. ;)

My hubby says he thinks it could be your browser. If you're using Safari, try downloading Firefox. Vice versa if you're using Firefox, try using Safari instead.

If it turns out it isn't your browser, at least you can tick that off your list of possibles. ;)

Hmm, that's a thought. Cheers, Mags (& MrMags!)... I'm using Firefox, but use Safari for just about everything else (when I first joined VJ, my Safari was playing up & would crash every time I hit the back button on here... so I started using Firefox for VJ, and have been doing so ever since, for some reason!!), so will give it a go and see if it behaves any better. It's not been so bad the last hour or so... only a couple of log-outs, rather than every time I try to do anything! Which is progress, I think! :)

2005 - We met

2006 - Filed I-129F

2009 - Conditions lifted

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline

We do have some security turned on to prevent hijacking member accounts. In some cases if a persons ISP checges their proxy server dynamically it can make this happen. I can try to turn this off for a day to see what happens. I will try it Friday perhaps so we can have a complete day?

I am an Ewok. I am here to to keep the peace. Please contact me if you have a problem with the site or a complaint regarding a violation of the Terms of Service. For the fastest response please use the 'Contact Us' page to contact me.

Timeline

Hmm, that's a thought. Cheers, Mags (& MrMags!)... I'm using Firefox, but use Safari for just about everything else (when I first joined VJ, my Safari was playing up & would crash every time I hit the back button on here... so I started using Firefox for VJ, and have been doing so ever since, for some reason!!), so will give it a go and see if it behaves any better. It's not been so bad the last hour or so... only a couple of log-outs, rather than every time I try to do anything! Which is progress, I think! :)

No problem! :D

We do have some security turned on to prevent hijacking member accounts. In some cases if a persons ISP checges their proxy server dynamically it can make this happen. I can try to turn this off for a day to see what happens. I will try it Friday perhaps so we can have a complete day?

Glad to report that since I've switched to Safari this afternoon, it actually seems to be working fine... no log-outs at all! Shall I see how it goes (assuming nobody else is having such persistent log-out problems...) for a bit? Wouldn't want security things being switched off unnecessarily!!

But thank you, Captain (and everyone else!) for putting up with all my complaining... am hoping the switch to Safari does the trick! Didn't occur to me that it could be anything to do with Firefox... :blush:

2005 - We met

2006 - Filed I-129F

2009 - Conditions lifted

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline

Let me know! :)

I am an Ewok. I am here to to keep the peace. Please contact me if you have a problem with the site or a complaint regarding a violation of the Terms of Service. For the fastest response please use the 'Contact Us' page to contact me.

Filed: Timeline

Glad to report that since I've switched to Safari this afternoon, it actually seems to be working fine... no log-outs at all! Shall I see how it goes (assuming nobody else is having such persistent log-out problems...) for a bit? Wouldn't want security things being switched off unnecessarily!!

But thank you, Captain (and everyone else!) for putting up with all my complaining... am hoping the switch to Safari does the trick! Didn't occur to me that it could be anything to do with Firefox... :blush:

As I said earlier, Safari works fine for me! Hope it works.

Timeline

Excellent news, Feather. I shall tell hubby it worked and he can now say he has a feather in his cap. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry to answer this so much later, but is this the reason why when I change computers I have to re-log in to VJ? I have a tendency to do this often as I have so many devices to read VJ these days.

Funny this should get bumped today - I was meaning to post again and say that since I switched to Safari, VJ has been behaving (almost) impeccably. I say 'almost' because while I'm not getting logged out, I do occasionally have to shut down the browser (about 3 times a day) because I will suddenly start getting some error message every time I try to open a thread (any thread, makes no difference) saying something about 'bad server response'. Doesn't happen on any other site (and like I said before, I use Safari for EVERYTHING other than, until the other week, VJ, so), so.... hmm. No idea what that's all about. When I quit Safari and restart it, it'll all work fine again (no login required, either!) :unsure:

2005 - We met

2006 - Filed I-129F

2009 - Conditions lifted

Timeline
Funny this should get bumped today - I was meaning to post again and say that since I switched to Safari, VJ has been behaving (almost) impeccably. I say 'almost' because while I'm not getting logged out, I do occasionally have to shut down the browser (about 3 times a day) because I will suddenly start getting some error message every time I try to open a thread (any thread, makes no difference) saying something about 'bad server response'. Doesn't happen on any other site (and like I said before, I use Safari for EVERYTHING other than, until the other week, VJ, so), so.... hmm. No idea what that's all about. When I quit Safari and restart it, it'll all work fine again (no login required, either!) :unsure:

It's trying to tell you that you're spending too long on VJ.... :P

It's trying to tell you that you're spending too long on VJ.... :P

It's probably got a point! (This reminds me... gaaaah, must go into the steaming hellhole that is the laundry room and attend to the laundry! I knew there was something else I was meant to be doing!)

2005 - We met

2006 - Filed I-129F

2009 - Conditions lifted

Perhaps you should try out Camino.

Hmm, might move onto that one next (then again, Firefox seems to want me to instal some updates today, maybe they'll 'fix' it and I can try that again...) - I did start using Camino for a while last year when Safari was playing up, but it was really slow, so I got sick of it pretty quickly. If Safari AND Firefox keep misbehaving, I might give Camino another go! :)

2005 - We met

2006 - Filed I-129F

2009 - Conditions lifted