DAN02006

Applying for AOS, SSN, EAD etc

2 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

hi! i know there are a lot of guides here but it is all looking so overwhelming. I arrived in USA on K1 visa on june 22 and will be getting married on jul 7. I needed your advise with what should i start off with...what should i start putting together as it seems the fees are going up drastically from jul 30 onwards.... i would also need your help with the medical bit. I had a sealed envelop from the USCIS doctor in india where i went for the medical, i asked the immigration officer at SFO if it was to be given to him..he wasnt sure but then kept it with the rest of the stuff? Was it for my AOS application??? i am so worried.

Await your reply and advise eagerly.

thanks

dano

Our Journey.....

AOS & EAD

July 24, 2007: Mailed AOS & EAD to Chicago

July 26, 2007:Package delivered at PO Box in Chicago

Sept 1, 2007: NOA1 for AOS

Sept 6, 2007: NOA1 for EAD

Sept 7, 2007: RFE for AOS

Sept 18, 2007:RFE received by USCIS

Sept 22, 2007: Biometrics for AOS & EAD

Oct 19, 2007: EAD card in hand!

Dec 4 , 2007: Greencard Approved...I-155 stamped on Passport :) at the Interview

Dec 17: Greencard in Mail :)

Removing of Conditions

Sept. 21, 2009: Mailed out I-751

Sept. 23, 2009: Received at CSC

Sept 28, 2009: Received NOA1

Oct 20, 2009: Biometrics Appt.

Oct 21, 2009: Touch

Nov 13, 2009: Email: Card production ordered

NOv. 20, 2009: GC in Mail :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Two things you can do now,

Get SSN, the K-1 can get SSN before things like EAD, green-card ect. K-1 has a 75 day window from entry within they can get the SSN after that needs to wait for EAD or green card to get the SSN

Visit a civil surgeon and get vaccination record transfered to a supplement for the AOS paperwork, bring a copy of I-485 instructions to the doctor so that you can point at the part saying K-1 don't need full medical, just supplement.

The Guide is a step by step one so you should be able to follow them.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...om&page=ssn (SSN)

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...mp;page=k1k3aos (AOS)

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...mp;page=k1k3ead (EAD)

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.