angeljolie

NVC to USEM: DQ --> Interview Letter --> Interview Date

10 posts in this topic

For those who already have an interview date, how long are the intervals (i) between being DQ'd and getting the interview letter and (ii) between receiving the interview letter and the date of the interview? 

I-130                                                                                   

23 Aug 2020: Filed I-130 online                                         
21 Oct 2020: I-130 approval                              

25 May 2021: Interview

5 June 2021: Entered the US

I-751

31 Mar 2023: Filed at Elgin lockbox

N-400             

9 Mar 2024: Filed online

For me, it was 5 months between DQ and letter, and then another month before I had the interview. I'm surprised your timeline is moving that fast. If you look at other people's profiles, it should take a year to get to where you are, not 4 months. I would expect there are hundreds of people in front of you. You might get slowed down at this stage. A possible July/August 2021 interview. 

Thanks, @user555. We were also surprised at how fast the process has been so far. I'm in a pickle right now as to whether or not I should schedule our medical appointments. If we do it early, the reports may expire before the interview. But if there's a problem (SLEC seems notorious for creating problems), we can address it timely. Guess we'd have to play it by ear for a little bit.

I-130                                                                                   

I-751

N-400             

2 hours ago, angeljolie said:

Thanks, @user555. We were also surprised at how fast the process has been so far. I'm in a pickle right now as to whether or not I should schedule our medical appointments. If we do it early, the reports may expire before the interview. But if there's a problem (SLEC seems notorious for creating problems), we can address it timely. Guess we'd have to play it by ear for a little bit.

I would wait a little bit more before the medical.  At the moment, you can schedule pretty quickly at SLEC for this.  Yes, some people are having problems but alot are not.  If I had to play the odds, I would wait a little longer or you could find yourself in the situation of redoing the medical.  Thats the situation we are finding ourselves in as the medical expires Feb 22 and we are dealing with a stolen passport at this time.

The United States is now a country obsessed with the worship of its own ignorance.  Americans are proud of not knowing things.  They have reached a point where ignorance, is an actual virtue.  To reject the advice of experts is to assert autonomy, a way for Americans to insulate their increasingly fragile egos from ever being told they're wrong about anything.  It is a new Declaration of Independence: no longer do we hold these truths to be self-evident, we hold all truths to be self-evident, even the ones that arent true.  All things are knowable and every opinion on any subject is as good as any other.  The fundamental knowledge of the average American is now so low that it has crashed through the floor of "uninformed", passed "misinformed", on the way down, and now plummeting to "aggressively wrong."

2 minutes ago, flicks1998 said:

I would wait a little bit more before the medical.  At the moment, you can schedule pretty quickly at SLEC for this.  Yes, some people are having problems but alot are not.  If I had to play the odds, I would wait a little longer or you could find yourself in the situation of redoing the medical.  Thats the situation we are finding ourselves in as the medical expires Feb 22 and we are dealing with a stolen passport at this time.

So sorry about the stolen passport. Hope you get it sorted out soon. Thanks for the advice. Will be holding off the medical until we hear from NVC

I-130                                                                                   

I-751

N-400             

Been siting at NVC for 5 months since DQ. Sent emails to USEM and NVC, USEM sent back that they can't do anything with the case until NVC sends it to them. NVC says that they will not send the case until USEM asks for the case.

8 hours ago, John Greely said:

Been siting at NVC for 5 months since DQ. Sent emails to USEM and NVC, USEM sent back that they can't do anything with the case until NVC sends it to them. NVC says that they will not send the case until USEM asks for the case.

I can imagine how frustrating this is. Hope the waiting ends soon! 

8 hours ago, user555 said:

Right now, the only reason they'll ask for it is if you are granted an expedite. 

Was yours expedited?

I-130                                                                                   

I-751

N-400             

10 minutes ago, user555 said:

check out my timeline : ) 

Saw it. Thank you! I wish we can all get expedited.  😄 Read your consulate review too and you are so right that USCIS/NVC/DOS should hire more employees to process visa applications. It's not like they don't have the money. I'm actually wondering why USEM is so backlogged when they are not processing routine visas. The embassy was only closed for 2 months or so, if I got the facts straight. 

I-130                                                                                   

I-751

N-400             

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.