Fudge

N400 Decision Cannot be Made/Contact in Writing

3 posts in this topic

I had my interview yesterday, Detroit field office, based on the three-year rule.  The officer did not take any documents and asked about a restraining order back in 2018; my wife and I had not been getting along.  She quickly motioned and requested teh protection order be  terminated, which it was.  They never arrested me, cited, detained, nor did I violate any order.  I was only out of the house for two weeks and I mentioned my move both from and back to the marital home to USCIS; I listed the new residence in my I-751 and on the N400.  During my interview the officer did not take any of the evidence that I brought and she did not look at any of the required material.  She asked about the protection order and I answered honestly, she also asked about the time I used my weapon while working for the military police..  The interview lasted about an hour and a half.  I passed my civics, vocab and writing.  She marked that a decision could not be made and that they would contact me in writing.  I had been told that a restraining order is a civil matter not criminal, so I answered no to the questions in section 12 both #22 and #23.  She did not have me sign any paper for a possible future oath.  Does this mean that I will be denied?  Should I contact my congressman, file any other forms?  Will I be deported?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
3 hours ago, Fudge said:

I had my interview yesterday, Detroit field office, based on the three-year rule.  The officer did not take any documents and asked about a restraining order back in 2018; my wife and I had not been getting along.  She quickly motioned and requested teh protection order be  terminated, which it was.  They never arrested me, cited, detained, nor did I violate any order.  I was only out of the house for two weeks and I mentioned my move both from and back to the marital home to USCIS; I listed the new residence in my I-751 and on the N400.  During my interview the officer did not take any of the evidence that I brought and she did not look at any of the required material.  She asked about the protection order and I answered honestly, she also asked about the time I used my weapon while working for the military police..  The interview lasted about an hour and a half.  I passed my civics, vocab and writing.  She marked that a decision could not be made and that they would contact me in writing.  I had been told that a restraining order is a civil matter not criminal, so I answered no to the questions in section 12 both #22 and #23.  She did not have me sign any paper for a possible future oath.  Does this mean that I will be denied?  Should I contact my congressman, file any other forms?  Will I be deported?

first off if this is the only thing you have restraining order you wont be deported. The only issue which i can think of is a Good moral character. There should be no such incidence of violence, restraining order in the statutory period which starts from the time you file N400 and goes back 5 or 3 years depending on the what basis you filed. Even though you were never arrested but still acknowledged the protection order against you might be a issue for interview officer. I am not a lawyer but that is my in take. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.