Hope2020

Rescheduled Appts for DQs before COVID

7 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hello,

Has anyone heard anything about  appointments being rescheduled that were cancelled by the Nigerian embassy due to COVID? Or, about appointments for those who were DQ'd prior to April 2020?

33 minutes ago, Hope2020 said:

Hello,

Has anyone heard anything about  appointments being rescheduled that were cancelled by the Nigerian embassy due to COVID? Or, about appointments for those who were DQ'd prior to April 2020?

Have you tried emailing them? Or maybe reaching out to NVC.. what I am seeing is that it’s most recent and not rescheduled which is unfair! 

Timeline
6 minutes ago, naturalgurl4 said:

Have you tried emailing them? Or maybe reaching out to NVC.. what I am seeing is that it’s most recent and not rescheduled which is unfair! 

I've tried emailing them and keep getting an automated response. It says they haven't started their regular immigrant visa interviews. Unfortunately that isn't completely true because like you said a lot of interviews are being scheduled for newer cases. I can't understand what's happening honestly. I was hoping somewhere here had some good news for us. 

7 hours ago, Hope2020 said:

I've tried emailing them and keep getting an automated response. It says they haven't started their regular immigrant visa interviews. Unfortunately that isn't completely true because like you said a lot of interviews are being scheduled for newer cases. I can't understand what's happening honestly. I was hoping somewhere here had some good news for us. 

Yeah their email responding sucks they only respond to a selected few... can you call NVC? Or UCSIS and speak to a tier 2. Someone has to be able to reach them.. or get your congressman involved. sometimes when I resend an email I sent previously and state I am still waiting on a response on the below email they respond 

I cannot wait until I am done dealing with the embassy they are extremely frustrating at times. 

Timeline
4 hours ago, naturalgurl4 said:

Yeah their email responding sucks they only respond to a selected few... can you call NVC? Or UCSIS and speak to a tier 2. Someone has to be able to reach them.. or get your congressman involved. sometimes when I resend an email I sent previously and state I am still waiting on a response on the below email they respond 

I cannot wait until I am done dealing with the embassy they are extremely frustrating at times. 

Once the case leaves NVC, they refer you to the local embassy. I just don't understand what they are doing. I want all of us to move forward and be reunited with our loved ones. It just seems so unfair to leave us behind. We've been DQ'd since Feb 2020 and still waiting for an interview. But people who DQ'd in the summer are getting interviews and getting visas. I'm truly happy for them but sad for myself and others in my situation. 

I can try the congressman's office it won't hurt at this point. I'll be glad when all of this is behind us. Thanks so much for the suggestions!

1 hour ago, Spenceraike4190 said:

the embassy is confused, they are tired of the long list in line, no game plan anymore....

Well I hope they get some clarity soon

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/10/2020 at 3:54 PM, Hope2020 said:

Hello,

Someone somewhere mentioned maybe also reaching out to your congressman for your area and letting them know what's going on providing them as much information as possible. Just to see if they could do something about it.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.