Trutta

Received NAO2 - Now what?

9 posts in this topic

I am filing for K1. I just got NAO2. I've been reading information all day, including much posted here. But I guess I am not that smart, because I am not sure what is next. Here is what it seems to me:

1. Update email address with NVC

2. Wait for NVC to send visa info to Phnom Penh embassy.

3. Wait for Phnom Penh embassy to schedule appointment and send info about what will be needed for interview.

It seems we will need:

A. Physical for my fiance after information is sent from embassy.

B. Form I-864 (DS-5540 no longer needed?) and copy of tax return. (I am self-employed. So I will just need a copy of the return I filed? Or do I need some certified copy from IRS?)

C. Her birth certificate? Some background check on her from local police?

Is that it?

I realize I am asking a lot and I am sure you answer these questions a lot. But I can't find the definitive answer, or I don't have the brains to reckon with it. Sorry to bother. If you could let me know if I am on the right track I would be much obliged.

Thank you kind folks.

15 minutes ago, Trutta said:

Thanks. I've already read both, and the PDF in the second thread. Couldn't find answers I was looking for. Like  I said,  maybe I'm not that bright.

I am not claiming to be an expert so take these with a grain of salt, but from my understanding:

1.Since your NOA2 date is Oct 21 , you might as well call NVC on monday to get your case number and update your email over the phone. Our noa2 date is oct 26th and they have a case number for us assigned already , so it's worth a call

2. Yes

3. Yes

A: there should be instructions in either the P3 if @Greenbaum has it , or on the embassy website. The embassy we are going through is in Bulgaria , and their instructions specifically state that you can only schedule a physical with an approved clinic AFTER we've scheduled for an interview ,so in my case it has to be done after interview is scheduled , but before you actually go to the interview.

B: from my understanding , at the interview stage you'll need the I-134 and not the I-864 ; I-864 is needed for adjusting status while in the US.

You could provide tax transcripts and opening/closing balances from your account - look at this thread where I had similar questions. At our interview I am going to provide my fiancee's i-134 , tax transcript , w2, employment letter on company letterhad and bank statements

C: This is country specific so you should take a look at the embassy's instruction page or the P3. Bulgaria does not provide police certificates so I need to present a court certificate. There's the page for what I need, I am sure the embassy you guys are going through has something similar! - https://bg.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visas/fiancee/the-interview/

edit: There's the instructions page from your embassy https://kh.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visas/fiancee-visa/the-interview/

Edited by georgi666

Okay I found p3 is packet 3. There are a lot of abbreviations used here.

Packet 3 for Phnom Penh embassy is available online. It has a link to the DS-260.I don't know when we fill this out.

It also says what we need, like birth certificate and police certificate. So that is now clear for me.

Thanks!

13 minutes ago, Trutta said:

Okay I found p3 is packet 3. There are a lot of abbreviations used here.

Packet 3 for Phnom Penh embassy is available online. It has a link to the DS-260.I don't know when we fill this out.

It also says what we need, like birth certificate and police certificate. So that is now clear for me.

Thanks!

If you're applying for a K1 you have to submit DS-160 and not the DS-260 but yeah.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.