Kathryn41

All Time Dumbest Questions asked by Tourists to Banff Park

21 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline
It boggles my mind just how stupid some people can be! I get so ticked off everytime I say I'm from Canada the first thing people always say is "oh it's so cold there" as if Canada is just one big expanse of frozen tundra. In this day and age I find it hard to understand why so many Americans are still so ignorant about their neigbors to the north!

I joke to my future sister-in-law about how I have to rebuild the igloo and feed the huskies every day. She thinks it's a riot how less-intelligent Americans are absolutely ignorant about Canada. :D

I think one of the craziest things I've ever been asked (when it was generally known my husband is from Canada) is "Have you learned to speak Canadian yet?" :blink:

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
I made a typo yesterday at work and wrote $100 as 100$...

I got an e-mail saying "here in america we put the $ before the dollar amount not after " :blink:

hee hee.. of course they were playing with me!!

Well they write their addresses backwards here....... :lol: so why not 100$!

Feb 17/06 - I-129F Petition sent

Mar 1/06 - I-129F NOA1

May 12/06 - I-129F NOA2

June 7/06 - Packet 3 rec'd

Sept 6/06 - Packet 3 sent

Sept 15/06 - Rec'd letter with interview date

Sept 28/06 - Interview in Vancouver,BC and Visa in hand!

March 13/07 - US Entry

March 15/07 - WEDDING DAY

March 21/07 - AOS application & Interview through DORA Day 1

April 13/07 - Rec'd letter with Bio Appt. date Day 24

April 27/07 - Biometrics Appointment "touched" Day 38

April 30/07 - "Touched" Day 40

June 8/07 - Day 79...still waiting, haven't been touched or heard anything.

June 13/07 - Day 84..... I'm not having much faith in this DORA process..... closing in on the 90 day time frame real fast.....

June 19/07 - Day 90 ......nothing (Hubby calls Senator's Office)

June 20/07 - Day 91 - Got the "70 Day Letter" in the mail today :-(

June 22/07 - Mailed out EAD and AP by Priority Post Day 93

June 24/07 - EAD rec'd at Chicago Lockbox

June 29/07 - Day 100 - Infopass appt in OKC..... AOS stuck in name check

July 3/07 - Day 104 - Rec'd NOA for EAD

July 6/07 - Day 107 - Rec'd letter for EAD Bio Appt. for July 18th

July 18/07 -Biometrics

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
I made a typo yesterday at work and wrote $100 as 100$...

I got an e-mail saying "here in america we put the $ before the dollar amount not after " :blink:

hee hee.. of course they were playing with me!!

Well they write their addresses backwards here....... :lol: so why not 100$!

LOL!! that's great!! And also the dd/mm/yyyy... GEEPERS People!!

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I worked in tourist/visitor information centres for five summers.....and the questions we would get :blink: We would get together every year for provincial/regional training and swap stories. My personal favourite was one that I read in the Cape Breton Post. One of the big tourist bureaus there is completely painted on the outside with the Cape Breton tartan. The staff was asked where they got the plaid paint! :wacko:

the craziest question I have gotten since moving here was "is this the first time you've worn sandals?"

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Heheheh Cassie,

As an historical re-enactor (War of 1812) I spent a lot of time doing primitive camping at re-enactments around the Greta Lakes - both sides of the border. You get to hear some pretty hilarious comments. We were regularly asked if that was a real fire, were we really going to eat what we were cooking, or if we were really going to sleep outside in those tents! (mid-summer, beautiful weather!). My favourite one isn't one I heard but was recounted to me - someone asking why all of those original battles had taken place in historic parks. . . One re-enactor had the wit to reply that it was because soldiers could hide behind all of the monuments and statues. She accepted the answer and walked on, hehehe.

My best was a friend who had ventured into town while at an event in Michigan wearing his period clothing. His wife had gone into a pharmacy to get something and he was outside holding the leash with their Jack Russell Terrier. It was hot so he had taken his hat off and was holding it in his hand. A woman came by, reached down to pet the dog, then before he realized what was happening put a dollar bill into his hat!

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
All Time Dumbest Questions Asked By Tourists to Banff Park

24. Where can I get my husband really, REALLY, lost??

This actually strikes me as potentially a really smart question to ask. Glad I'm not married to her though...

01/25/2007 Married on the beach in Australia

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

02/15/2007 I-130 mailed to NSC

02/26/2007 NOA1 (I-130) received

06/22/2007 Approved

02/27/2007 I-129F mailed

03/12/2007 NOA1 (I-129F) received

05/30/2007 Approved petition forwarded from NVC to Sydney

07/03/2007 Interview - K3 Visa approved

07/15/2007 arrived in the U S of A

AOS

07/23/2007 TB skin test and I-693A

07/26/2007 AOS application mailed

07/27/2007 AOS application received (Chicago)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.