Lazy Monk

Case sent to NVC?

7 posts in this topic

Hello there,

Hope you all are in good health. My USC aunt sponsored my mom many years ago and her petition got approved recently, and a few days ago my aunt received another mail stating that the case has been sent to NVC, addressing my mother to create an account on CEAC and follow up on the case through it.

Now, the confusion my aunt has encountered is, being the petitioner, does she have to make an account on that website or my mom has to, in order to see the progress on the case and upload any required docs when asked? Thanks

59 minutes ago, Lazy Monk said:

Hello there,

Hope you all are in good health. My USC aunt sponsored my mom many years ago and her petition got approved recently, and a few days ago my aunt received another mail stating that the case has been sent to NVC, addressing my mother to create an account on CEAC and follow up on the case through it.

Now, the confusion my aunt has encountered is, being the petitioner, does she have to make an account on that website or my mom has to, in order to see the progress on the case and upload any required docs when asked? Thanks

The account will be created for them and login credentials will be sent via mail and email (if email address was provided). These credentials could be used by both (petitioner - your aunt, and applicant - your mother) to login. Both of them will need to upload documents. At least that how it was in my case.

On 10/25/2020 at 2:57 AM, Lazy Monk said:

So the account once made can be used by both; the petitioner in the US and the beneficiary my mom who's overseas? So could you tell me what happens after this step when the case reaches nvc?

The account can be created by the Petitioner and both parties will have access to it.  You need to create the account to pay the fees and upload the required documents. 

On 10/25/2020 at 2:57 AM, Lazy Monk said:

So the account once made can be used by both; the petitioner in the US and the beneficiary my mom who's overseas? So could you tell me what happens after this step when the case reaches nvc?

NVC is the next step of the process.  This stage is where you fill out the DS-260 application and affidavit of support, upload the required documents and paid the fees.  

Letter contain Case No. and Invoive No. then simply follow below steps

https://ceac.state.gov/IV/Login.aspx

Enter, Case No. then press the button

Now enter Invoice No. , Select:Petitionor, Enter Captica then press process button.

You will be in your account now,

1st Petiiotner need to pay fee

2nd Add other Dependents name (If any)

3rd then pay fee of all

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.