USAjune2016

Interview after election day

17 posts in this topic

This situation actually happened to me.  The governor of Florida Ron DeSantis was sworn in on the morning of my Naturalization interview in Miami.  

I was praying it wouldn’t come up as a question, as I wouldn’t have known whether to answer DeSantis or Rick Scott.  Fortunately it wasn’t a question in my civics test.  But if it had come up, I have a feeling USCIS wouldn’t have uploaded the new governors name into the system in time for my interview. 

⬇️ Immigration/Visa experience ⬇️

ESTA 

ESTA revoked

H1B for 2 years

B2 - Denied

B2 - Successful

AoS

Green Card

Green Card ROC

Naturalization

(AoS & GC via same sex marriage if it helps) 

So plenty experience to draw on to help you all out on......  

On 10/23/2020 at 4:47 AM, USAjune2016 said:

Hey guys, I hope that everybody is doing really well. 

I have my Naturalization interview and civic test on Nov 4. Let’s assume we get the election results by midnight on Nov 3 and if we have a new winner. Would President Donald Trump still be considered the president from Nov 4 until the inauguration? 
Also how about senators and representatives? 

Now your interview is already over, could you tell us about your experience, the questions you were asked and how the interview went

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.