buck501

Packet #3

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

My fiancee has received packet #3. I am using a lawyer, they sent me the packet they received from Bogota. It was in Spanish, I can not read Spanish. My lawyer has completed my financial statment. I have done a search here and when I search for "packet 3", nothing comes up. I went to the "sample forms" section but it does not say what packet the forms are in. Paola called this morning and said she is a little confused. I need to know what forms are in Packet 3 to help her. Can I get a copy of that in english on this site? I found one link to packet 3 but it was a dead link. Help please!!! This has been a frustrating experience from the beginning.

March 14, 2006.....We meet, spend the next 2 weeks togeather

May 2006............ I go to see Paola for 5 days and propose marriage

Jan. 24th, 2007....I-129F sent to CSC

Feb. 2nd, 2007.....CSC receives NOA1

June 6, 2007........I-129F Approved

June 6, 2007........Cleared NVC and sent to Bogota

June 12, 2007......I receive packet 3 from our lawyer

June 14, 2007..... I send Packet 3 to Paola via FEDEX (2 day delivery)

June 25, 2007......Paola receives Packet 3 (9 days late)

July 3, 2007.........Packet 3 Fedex to Embassy in Bogota

July 5, 2007.........Packet 3 arrives at the embassy in Bogota

July 19, 2007.......Called NVC, interveiw scheduled for Aug. 17, 2007

July 31, 2007.......Paola goes to US Embassy in Bogota and gets Pkt 4 in person

Aug. 13, 2007.....Lab exam

Aug. 15, 2007.....Medical exam

Aug. 17, 2007.....INTERVIEW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Failed cuz of a missing doc. :(

Sept. 27, 2007....Second interview date!! APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oct. 7, 2007........Paola is here in the US!!

Oct. 23, 2007......MARRIED!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oct. 30, 2007......Mailed AOS docs

Nov. 27, 2007.....Recieved "Notice of Receipt" of AOS docs

Dec. 20, 2007.....Biometrics appointment

Feb. 7, 2008.......Recieve AP and permit to work

Feb. 19, 2008.....Recieve SS card

Filed: Timeline
My fiancee has received packet #3. I am using a lawyer, they sent me the packet they received from Bogota. It was in Spanish, I can not read Spanish. My lawyer has completed my financial statment. I have done a search here and when I search for "packet 3", nothing comes up. I went to the "sample forms" section but it does not say what packet the forms are in. Paola called this morning and said she is a little confused. I need to know what forms are in Packet 3 to help her. Can I get a copy of that in english on this site? I found one link to packet 3 but it was a dead link. Help please!!! This has been a frustrating experience from the beginning.

Here are the Packet 3 forms I used for Thailand. I'm assuming that they are the same. If you go to USCIS.gov website I think you'll be able to get them there. HOpe it helps.

http://bangkok.usembassy.gov/services/visa...0for%20Thai.htm

Is there nobody you know around that reads and can translate the spanish for you? Perhaps a local community center? The reason I say, is that there may be "country specific" information that is requested in your fiancee's Packet 3 that is not done by other consulates like for example the instructions regarding where to make an appointment for the medical exam. I would really have your fiancee scan and send you the contents of the Packet and try to find someone to read and translate for you.

For a general idea, of what papers are contained in Packet 3, I believe TimsDaisy (VJ member) has uploaded the Packet 3 information...under the "Photos" section in her profile.

-P

funny-dog-pictures-wtf.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hey buck501,

Check out this link from the US embassy in Bogotá http://bogota.usembassy.gov/wwwsck1instructions.shtml

It has the list of documents that she needs to take to the embassy.

Also, make sure to go to the Colombian thread in the The Foreign Embassy and Consulate General Discussion, Lucho has his K1 interview with his fiancée on 07/05/07 and he can tell you exactly what you and your fiancée might need. Please read through the posts as you will find all the information you will need.

Diana

CR-1

02/05/07 - I-130 sent to NSC

05/03/07 - NOA2

05/10/07 - NVC receives petition, case # assigned

08/08/07 - Case Complete

09/27/07 - Interview, visa granted

10/02/07 - POE

11/16/07 - Received green card and Welcome to America letter in the mail

Removing Conditions

07/06/09 - I-751 sent to CSC

08/14/09 - Biometrics

09/27/09 - Approved

10/01/09 - Received 10 year green card

U.S. Citizenship

03/30/11 - N-400 sent via Priority Mail w/ delivery confirmation

05/12/11 - Biometrics

07/20/11 - Interview - passed

07/20/11 - Oath ceremony - same day as interview

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.