Ar&A

DQ to Interview ( Tokyo Embassy )

18 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

got DQ last month Sept 23 just waiting for my interview date,  Non expedite case... roughly waiting time from DQ to Interview Date any idea??

I'm just trying to figure out for my medical....

should i proceed for my medical exam without my interview letter yet? or should i wait for it?

Timeline
17 hours ago, Ar&A said:

got DQ last month Sept 23 just waiting for my interview date,  Non expedite case... roughly waiting time from DQ to Interview Date any idea??

I'm just trying to figure out for my medical....

should i proceed for my medical exam without my interview letter yet? or should i wait for it?

congratulations for your DQ. in my case from DQ to interview date (email from NVC) is about around 3 weeks. but it is vary for everyone, takes around 1-2 months.

and for doing the medical exam you need to show the interview date appointment from NVC, so you have to wait for that. usually from the time you get the email to the interview has 1 month interval, so you still have plenty time to schedule your medical exam (medical will take around 1 week). do you live in Tokyo? 

Timeline
5 minutes ago, CS_Bradshaw said:

congratulations for your DQ. in my case from DQ to interview date (email from NVC) is about around 3 weeks. but it is vary for everyone, takes around 1-2 months.

and for doing the medical exam you need to show the interview date appointment from NVC, so you have to wait for that. usually from the time you get the email to the interview has 1 month interval, so you still have plenty time to schedule your medical exam (medical will take around 1 week). do you live in Tokyo? 

thank you. oh congratulations to you too... great! hopefully i will get the same approx time of getting the interview date.... have you finish your interview already??? do you mind me asking what are the questions being asked??? and also what about the public charge form did they asked about it too????

ah i see, so i have to wait for the interview letter then..... what about the vaccine did they give there too after medical??? no i live outside tokyo.. i live in gunma....

thank you for your time for answering all my questions.... all the best 

Timeline
21 minutes ago, Ar&A said:

thank you. oh congratulations to you too... great! hopefully i will get the same approx time of getting the interview date.... have you finish your interview already??? do you mind me asking what are the questions being asked??? and also what about the public charge form did they asked about it too????

ah i see, so i have to wait for the interview letter then..... what about the vaccine did they give there too after medical??? no i live outside tokyo.. i live in gunma....

thank you for your time for answering all my questions.... all the best 

yeahh, the embassy is started reopen visa service for other visa also, so there is possibility that it might take longer, but hopefully you can hear it soon from them.

no, not yet. my interview will be on Monday next week. i filled out the public charge form just in case they ask, hopefully they won't ask for that, lol.

do you have a vaccination record/book? what is the three first letter of your case ID if you dont mind me to ask? is it TKY?

Timeline
17 minutes ago, CS_Bradshaw said:

yeahh, the embassy is started reopen visa service for other visa also, so there is possibility that it might take longer, but hopefully you can hear it soon from them.

no, not yet. my interview will be on Monday next week. i filled out the public charge form just in case they ask, hopefully they won't ask for that, lol.

do you have a vaccination record/book? what is the three first letter of your case ID if you dont mind me to ask? is it TKY?

i hope it will not take that longer.... 

few days from now it will be your interview good luck then and please share some input afterwards.... thanks

don't have any vaccine record but i'm pretty sure when i was young i did have those vaccines but the problem is i dont have proofs to show so i might as well have it... yes my first letter  of my  case is TKY.... why it has something in this letter?? 

Edited by Ar&A

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Ar&A said:

i hope it will not take that longer.... 

few days from now it will be your interview good luck then and please share some input afterwards.... thanks

don't have any vaccine record but i'm pretty sure when i was young i did have those vaccines but the problem is i dont have proofs to show so i might as well have it... yes my first letter  of my  case is TKY.... why it has something in this letter?? 

yes, i will try to share the information about my interview.

i did have bunch of vaccination when i was young too, but i didn't have any record/book about it. the hospital needs to see the proof, so if you don't have it, you have to take antibody test for 4 vaccines (or you can do the vaccines directly without antibody test if you are sure you never had it before) and you have to take a shot for DT vaccine. fyi, there are only 2 hospitals that doing the examination for US visa purpose. 

i think the first three letters is shows about which embassy or consular your interview will be, so i think you will have it in Tokyo.

Timeline
39 minutes ago, CS_Bradshaw said:

yes, i will try to share the information about my interview.

i did have bunch of vaccination when i was young too, but i didn't have any record/book about it. the hospital needs to see the proof, so if you don't have it, you have to take antibody test for 4 vaccines (or you can do the vaccines directly without antibody test if you are sure you never had it before) and you have to take a shot for DT vaccine. fyi, there are only 2 hospitals that doing the examination for US visa purpose. 

i think the first three letters is shows about which embassy or consular your interview will be, so i think you will have it in Tokyo.

thank you so much for all the info....highly appreciated....

ah ok...yes i requested my interview to be in tokyo as it is near where i live now

Timeline
On 10/2/2020 at 11:42 AM, Ar&A said:

thank you so much for all the info....highly appreciated....

ah ok...yes i requested my interview to be in tokyo as it is near where i live now

hey, do you have your update with your case?

i got approved and i updated my timeline :)

Timeline
1 hour ago, CS_Bradshaw said:

hey, do you have your update with your case?

i got approved and i updated my timeline :)

Hey,  wow congratulations to you, finally you finished the process now,  Ok I check your profile.... how’s the interview?? Is it easy??? Did they asked anything??? 

no  haven’t heard anything from them, I don’t know when I will get the appointment letter I’m looking forward on it..🙏🙏🙏

Timeline
1 hour ago, Ar&A said:

Hey,  wow congratulations to you, finally you finished the process now,  Ok I check your profile.... how’s the interview?? Is it easy??? Did they asked anything??? 

no  haven’t heard anything from them, I don’t know when I will get the appointment letter I’m looking forward on it..🙏🙏🙏

yeah, finally!! the questions that they asked were mostly about my relationship with my husband, nothing about public charge or financial documents. it wasn't that long.

hopefully you will hear something soon. wait like 3 or 4 weeks and maybe you can try to call the NVC or the embassy :) 

usually you will have time around 1 months when you will hear something from them to your interview date.

Edited by CS_Bradshaw

Timeline
4 hours ago, CS_Bradshaw said:

yeah, finally!! the questions that they asked were mostly about my relationship with my husband, nothing about public charge or financial documents. it wasn't that long.

hopefully you will hear something soon. wait like 3 or 4 weeks and maybe you can try to call the NVC or the embassy :) 

usually you will have time around 1 months when you will hear something from them to your interview date.

oh great news,  interview didn't take that long....

yeah you are right i was thinking that too to call them if i still dont her anything but hopefully they will set an interview for me as soon as possible 

• 4 months later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

Hey Ar&A, did you have any luck?

My wife  is sponsoring her mother (Parent Visa). I-130 was approved, NVC application moved to DQ (Documents Qualified) in late November, 2020, saying this:

"NVC will work with the U.S. Embassy/Consulate General in TOKYO, JPN to schedule an interview appointment for you. Once we have confirmed an interview date, we will send a notice to you, your petitioner and attorney (if applicable)."

But so far nothing -- it's been almost 3 months since the DQ and we have yet to be prompted to even schedule an interview. Police certificate will likely expire and she's waiting to do the medical.. 

I tried calling the embassy, and they just forwarded me to the NVC main call center without even letting me finish my sentence... anyone else have to wait 3+ months after DQ to even put an appointment in? Can anyone recommend the best place to call to check on the status of this? It seems to be stuck in between bureaucracies at the moment.

Timeline
1 hour ago, jamesv said:

Hey Ar&A, did you have any luck?

My wife  is sponsoring her mother (Parent Visa). I-130 was approved, NVC application moved to DQ (Documents Qualified) in late November, 2020, saying this:

"NVC will work with the U.S. Embassy/Consulate General in TOKYO, JPN to schedule an interview appointment for you. Once we have confirmed an interview date, we will send a notice to you, your petitioner and attorney (if applicable)."

But so far nothing -- it's been almost 3 months since the DQ and we have yet to be prompted to even schedule an interview. Police certificate will likely expire and she's waiting to do the medical.. 

I tried calling the embassy, and they just forwarded me to the NVC main call center without even letting me finish my sentence... anyone else have to wait 3+ months after DQ to even put an appointment in? Can anyone recommend the best place to call to check on the status of this? It seems to be stuck in between bureaucracies at the moment.

Yeah I got an interviewed date  exactly 3 weeks after my DQ non expedited.. I am already here in US. I arrived last year dec first week.... got my visa on hand 3 days after my interview..

if I’m not mistaken it was suspended that time for parents petition but just recently it will be starting processing for family again I don’t know really.. better check with other group or send an email to embassy to inquire.

all the best for you 🙏

• 2 months later...

Hi guys, is there anyone who got an interview letter for June at Tokyo consulate? 

If so, when is your DQ date?

I'm currently waiting for an interview to be scheduled at Montreal consulate in Canada, but no letters have been issued for June in CR1/IR1 category. My DQ date is Sep 30 2020 and the wait time in Canada has been insane, so I'm wondering I should move my application to Tokyo.

• 1 year later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.