2 posts in this topic

1. My husband (the petitioner) and I (the beneficiary) are working on I-130. In part 1, parents' information (for my husband) do we write information for his biological dad, step-dad, or both? I think it is biological dad but want to make sure. 

2. Because it does not specific married or maiden name, can I use my husband's mom's maiden name for her information (#30 a)?

3. My husband was born in the USA (so were both his parents). For question 37 (part 1) would his citizenship have been acquired through 'birth in the US' or 'parents?'

4. Because I am already in the USA and living with my husband (came as a tourist), is it okay that my address for 11, 12, and 13 (part 4) are all the same or does the address in #13 need to be my last place of residence in Canada? 

5. The beneficiary's native language is English, so does she live #57-58 in Part 4 blank? 

6. For #59 in part 4, would that be the address that my spouse and I currently live at together? 

7. The beneficiary lives in the US (#61 for part 4) in Rock Springs WY. I am marrying a citizen though and not a lawful permanent resident. Do I still fill out the closest immigration office or leave it blank??

Thank you, 

1 hour ago, sshanna441 said:

2. Because it does not specific married or maiden name, can I use my husband's mom's maiden name for her information (#30 a)?

Put the name that his mom uses (example, the name on her driver's license).

3. My husband was born in the USA (so were both his parents). For question 37 (part 1) would his citizenship have been acquired through 'birth in the US' or 'parents?'

Birth in the US

4. Because I am already in the USA and living with my husband (came as a tourist), is it okay that my address for 11, 12, and 13 (part 4) are all the same or does the address in #13 need to be my last place of residence in Canada?

11.  Put your current address in the US.

12.  Put "SAME".

13.  If you've already moved out and don't have an address in Canada anymore, put "N/A".

5. The beneficiary's native language is English, so does she live #57-58 in Part 4 blank? 

Blank or "N/A"

6. For #59 in part 4, would that be the address that my spouse and I currently live at together? 

Yes

7. The beneficiary lives in the US (#61 for part 4) in Rock Springs WY. I am marrying a citizen though and not a lawful permanent resident. Do I still fill out the closest immigration office or leave it blank??

That item refers to the beneficiary who is adjusting status to BECOME a lawful permanent resident.  Do not leave that blank.  Enter your zip code at the bottom of this page to find the USCIS field office that handles your area -- https://www.uscis.gov/about-us/find-a-uscis-office/field-offices

Edited by Chancy

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.