Iwtlqmex

DS-160 & NVC

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hi! 

Like the rest of the world (or atleast in this forum), i'm confused and worried about my K1 application. 

I have 2 questions that I would like some guidance in. 

1. My case is stuck at NVC (since April 9) because Ciudad Juarez isn't taking any cases in yet BUT i have heard they are starting to schedule soon... Is anyone else in the same boat?

2. I submitted my DS-160 online while I wait. I was told by a fellow member that we have to pay for the DS-160. I wasnt asked to pay anything when I submitted, does anyone know at what point to we pay this fee? 

Thanks in advance!

Timeline

We have very similar timelines but why does yours say Armenia instead of Juarez?

My understanding is the fee is due but not tied to the DS-160.  We also completed the DS-160 and it didn't ask for payment.  I'm waiting for the consulate to send me the request for payment because otherwise it might have changed since the P3 files floating around from 2017.

Paymentshould be fast online so I expect paying right away will be better than paying now and having to possibly change the amount... That sounds like a mess... But since the consulate isn't providing any updates, who knows?

We can't schedule anything at this consulate until we get told to, so I don't think it would help to send money now.  Happy to be corrected if someone has better information.

Timeline
1 hour ago, werdna said:

We have very similar timelines but why does yours say Armenia instead of Juarez?

My understanding is the fee is due but not tied to the DS-160.  We also completed the DS-160 and it didn't ask for payment.  I'm waiting for the consulate to send me the request for payment because otherwise it might have changed since the P3 files floating around from 2017.

Paymentshould be fast online so I expect paying right away will be better than paying now and having to possibly change the amount... That sounds like a mess... But since the consulate isn't providing any updates, who knows?

We can't schedule anything at this consulate until we get told to, so I don't think it would help to send money now.  Happy to be corrected if someone has better information.

Im not sure why it said Armania. LOL oops. 

Thank you! Im relieved im not the only one. 

I assume that your status still shows "at NVC"? 

Timeline
16 minutes ago, yotoo said:

Im not sure why it said Armania. LOL oops. 

Thank you! Im relieved im not the only one. 

I assume that your status still shows "at NVC"? 

Yes, still at NVC.  I heard the rumour is Juarez will be opening next week but I've also heard a similar rumour before and it didn't pan out.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nicaragua
Timeline

I also wish there was some information.  Anything would be nice.  My case was sent to NVC.  April 14 got a notice from NVC saying it was being forwarded to the embassy in Nicaragua.  We were on our way!  Then.... everything shut down!  For a month didn't know where our case was.  Got different answers when I called.  Turns out the file is still at NVC and Nicaragua is saying to hold all paperwork until they reopen.  I wish there was some information, some direction, some update from the embassy or NVC, but nothing.  My attorney sent an email to the embassy in Nicaragua stating our interest and commitment.  This, because the original NOA2 would expire in July 2020.  We've heard nothing from anybody.  When I call the NVC they tell me "ohhh... they know you're still there....everything is just on hold.... just hang on..."  So, we just wait.  I was glad to see your question/post.  I hope it results in more info/advice/direction.  Good luck and best to all!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.