Ladooz

Mumbai Consulate Interview - IR1/CR1

1,239 posts in this topic

Very Very IMP

Just received this message due to increase in cases.

Effective immediately, the U.S. Consulate General in Mumbai, India will provide only essential services to U.S. citizens and limited, emergency visa services until further notice to curb the second wave of the spread of COVID-19 and its variants. Accordingly, some scheduled visa (immigrant and non-immigrant) appointments will be cancelled, and applicants will be notified of the appointment cancellations directly by email. Applicants will need to reschedule their canceled appointments for a later date.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
1 minute ago, AchMo said:

Very Very IMP

Effective immediately, the U.S. Consulate General in Mumbai, India will provide only essential services to U.S. citizens and limited, emergency visa services until further notice to curb the second wave of the spread of COVID-19 and its variants. Accordingly, some scheduled visa (immigrant and non-immigrant) appointments will be cancelled, and applicants will be notified of the appointment cancellations directly by email. Applicants will need to reschedule their canceled appointments for a later date.

Oh no!! So sick of this!!😡

Timeline
2 minutes ago, AchMo said:

Very Very IMP

How exactly did they contact you, if it was via phone make sure to verify the number?  It doesn't make any sense for them to contact you unless you already had an appointment scheduled. 

15 minutes ago, AchMo said:

Very Very IMP

Where did you see this? On Twitter they are saying they are cancelling non immigrant visas and continuing to interview immigrant visas 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, mo93 said:

Where did you see this? On Twitter they are saying they are cancelling non immigrant visas and continuing to interview immigrant visas 

Hey, can I also get a link to their twitter for future updates, thanks.

On 4/5/2021 at 3:24 PM, Amrit Gurbir said:

Hey congratulations on getting approved.  

When did you get DQ?

What interview questions did you get?

Are there any tips on the types of documents to gather and anything you learned from your experience?

Thank you!
Got DQed July 23rd, 2020. 
Interview Letter on Feb 8th, 2021

My case was a little complicated so the questions I was asked were quite different but I was one of the last people to get interviewed so I could hear a lot of the questions asked to other interviewees.
Eg:
1. Love or arranged marriage ?
2. What do you like about your spouse ? (If you say caring, give an example of it)
3. Show me the photos (I would HIGHLY recommend taking photos of you and your spouse BEFORE and AFTER the wedding also, in addition to wedding photos. like the honeymoon. holidays, just daily life together when he/she visited - this is what they're looking for)
4. What do you and your spouse talk about ?
5. Please don't forget basic ORIGINAL documents. I could see people getting 221g because they forgot their original birth certificate. 
6. Be calm and honest, bless everyone there with the best outcome. :)

33 minutes ago, AchMo said:

Very Very IMP

Where are you getting this information from? 

34 minutes ago, AchMo said:

Very Very IMP

can you send a screen shot of the message and post it, 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, NKS17 said:

Thank you!
Got DQed July 23rd, 2020. 
Interview Letter on Feb 8th, 2021

My case was a little complicated so the questions I was asked were quite different but I was one of the last people to get interviewed so I could hear a lot of the questions asked to other interviewees.
Eg:
1. Love or arranged marriage ?
2. What do you like about your spouse ? (If you say caring, give an example of it)
3. Show me the photos (I would HIGHLY recommend taking photos of you and your spouse BEFORE and AFTER the wedding also, in addition to wedding photos. like the honeymoon. holidays, just daily life together when he/she visited - this is what they're looking for)
4. What do you and your spouse talk about ?
5. Please don't forget basic ORIGINAL documents. I could see people getting 221g because they forgot their original birth certificate. 
6. Be calm and honest, bless everyone there with the best outcome. :)

Thanks, this will be very helpful for me and everyone else getting interviewed. 

Timeline
2 hours ago, AchMo said:

Very Very IMP

Looking at your timeline, it seems your case still at NVC at this point so not sure if it is applicable to people  who already have their appointments. My wife interview is next week so I hope this is not true!

2 hours ago, AchMo said:

Very Very IMP

Hi What category is yours?

Are you or your spouse US citizen?

Timeline

I have found the website with that info

https://www.osac.gov/Content/Report/4f3fd255-a3e2-49d6-9211-1b4c46e49831

really hope this is not all appointments 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.