RandR16

IR2 - NVC approved expedite request but cancelled interview appointment

21 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
9 hours ago, A Smith said:

Nothing yet unfortunately.  Who do I send the interview expedite request to? Also, what happened after your interview expedite request? correspondence and time?  Thank you

Hi, request an expedited interview to NVCExpedite@state.gov. Once your case is accepted by the US embassy Manila. Send email to ACSInfoManila@state.gov to request an expedite interview appointment. In our Case, expedited on  9/30/2020. Advance Medical exam at SLEC on Oct.12&13. Interview appointment at USEM on 12/17/2020 and his under administrative review due to birth certificate being late registered.  On 1/5/2021, USEM recommended us to the DNA test.  And on 3/10 visa issued. Still waiting for the visa. Hoping will get it this week.  Goodluck to you and your kids. 

Edited by ronh
Wrong datew

23 minutes ago, ronh said:

Hi, request an expedited interview to NVCExpedite@state.gov. Once your case is accepted by the US embassy Manila. Send email to ACSInfoManila@state.gov to request an expedite interview appointment. In our Case, expedited on  9/30/2020. Advance Medical exam at SLEC on Oct.12&13. Interview appointment at USEM on 12/17/2020 and his under administrative review due to birth certificate being late registered.  On 1/5/2021, USEM recommended us to the DNA test.  And on 3/10 visa issued. Still waiting for the visa. Hoping will get it this week.  Goodluck to you and your kids. 

Thank you for this info. I requested to expedite my mom’s case 3 weeks ago but I just sent it to the regular inquiry. I sent one again today using this info. Hoping to hear something soon. My mom’s case was approved April 2019 and still waiting till now!. I requested to expedite because I am having a baby on September and needed her assistance here. She was all done with her paperworks and her case just needed to be forwarded to US embassy Manila for interview and medical. 

Filed: IR-2 Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 3/14/2021 at 4:13 AM, tommybear said:

Thank you for this info. I requested to expedite my mom’s case 3 weeks ago but I just sent it to the regular inquiry. I sent one again today using this info. Hoping to hear something soon. My mom’s case was approved April 2019 and still waiting till now!. I requested to expedite because I am having a baby on September and needed her assistance here. She was all done with her paperworks and her case just needed to be forwarded to US embassy Manila for interview and medical. 

Hope you get your soon as well.  I hate to say it, but its nice knowing I'm not the only one.  Covid seemed to have really messed things up with this process.

On 3/14/2021 at 3:46 AM, ronh said:

Thank you very much for the response.  I will do this ASAP

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline
On 3/13/2021 at 8:12 AM, ronh said:

Hi, any updates in your case? You need to request an expedited interview. That's what I did.  Good luck.

Hey guys!

Just received the email today stating that the case was just sent and is now currently at USEM Manila.  I just sent an email to IVManilaReplies@state.gov to request for an interview date. 

Hopefully the current state of the Philippines and current covid measures won't hinder any travel as I reside in Hawaii and would have to travel to Cebu through Manila to grab the kids then back onto Manila for the interviews/medical then return to Cebu to wait for passports to be delivered, only to go back to Manila to catch the final flight to Hawaii all the while hoping that none of us become covid positive during this whole mess.  SMDH. This should be interesting.  I wish they gave a pass for these cases where you can just move around wherever you need to in order to take care of such important matters.

Anyways, thank you for the help.  I will keep you guys posted.  

Aloha!

• 1 month later...
Timeline

Hi everyone!

Just thought I would update.  We now have our interview date for next month June 11, 2021.  Both my wife and I are currently in the US and are not able to  accompany them to their interview and Medical Exam because there are no flights available.  We have instead filed an affidavit of guardianship and consent to travel and had our Philippine Consulate General in Hawaii notarize them for my wife's brother who lives in the Philippines to use while accompanying them to their interview and medical exam.  We will pickup said notarized documents tomorrow and will be mailing them asap.  Fingers crossed.  Thank you everyone for all the help. 

Aloha!

• 6 months later...
On 8/25/2020 at 11:11 AM, RandR16 said:

Hello fellow members,

NVC approved my petition June 29, 2020. After a month, I sent an email requesting to expedite. I was told to ask the US embassy in MNL. I sent an email to Manila and I was told that NVC needs to send the approved documents. Long story short, I got an email on Friday 8/21/2020 stating, "The U.S. Embassy has accepted this case for expedited processing. We will send this file immediately to the U.S. Embassy." Today 8/25/2020 I got an email from NVC, with the subject of Immigration appointment cancelled : We previously notified you of the date and time of your immigrant visa interview at the U.S.Embassy/Consulate General in MANILA, PHIL.

Due to unforeseen circumstances, we have to cancel this interview. We will schedule a new interview appointment as soon as possible and notify you of the date and time. There is no need for you to take action at this time.

Does anyone experience this? I'm confused because I never get an interview email in the first place. I thought I have to call the embassy after 2weeks from the time NVC approved the expedite request to schedule an appointment. I sent another inquiry to NVC asking for clarification but they'll respond after couple of days. Also does anyone know the best number to call US Embassy in MNL? 

Thank you

Hello, did you get an interview date after this email? I received exactly the same email after approval of expedite request notifying about the cancellation. Hope they will schedule the interview soon. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.