Cristopher

She got her green card!

1 post in this topic

Hello, VisaJourney!

First, I need to thank this community because has a lot of good information that actually prepares you to fill the applications and provides a lot of good tips as well. We did not hire a lawyer, everything that we have done it was based on my (husband) research and asking questions on this forum. 

In our interview for the adjustment of status, we were super nervous but we did good! The officer was cool, he was laughing with us super cool, chill no serious("angry") at all (as I thought). He started asking if we both speak English, I said I do but my wife is still learning. So he said I will call someone to translate for her. I thought we had to have an interpreter but he provided one. I don't know if it is only available in this type of situation with Covid-19. 

About the interview, he started asking questions to my wife mainly personal information such as name, date of birth, where she was born, jobs, questions about being in the states illegally, etc (pretty much he went over I-485 application). After that, he told the translator that he does not need him anymore. So the officer started asking us questions about how and where we met (we are from Peru and we met there before I moved to the US) if I have met her parents, where we got married, who proposed to who and where. After that, he said that we should be good to go BUT he said because the physical examination was done a year ago and he was not sure if she has to get a new one. So we waited for 5 to 10 minutes and he said "well I think I need to find out that if she needs a new physical examination and I will call you tomorrow if I don't call you it means that everything went well (do not need a new physical examination). 

After that we left the office like 4 hours later I got a message and email about an update in her case. I checked her case status on the USCIS website and was great news her "green card" was being produced and we should be receiving a NOA soon. Three days later we got a NOA stating that her application was approved and she should be receiving her green card soon less than 3 weeks.

Two weeks later, she got her green card, and now it is time to celebrate at our home of course!. Thanks again!  

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.