Jump to content
dirk_diggler

DS-260 online question

5 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

One of the questions on the DS-260 relates to visits to the U.S. and their associated duration.  However, the beneficiary in my case is currently present in the U.S. on a B2 visit and I don't know what the duration will be depending on flight cancellations.

 

Any suggestions on how to address this question?  A number in days is required for the form.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline
On 8/7/2020 at 5:54 PM, dirk_diggler said:

One of the questions on the DS-260 relates to visits to the U.S. and their associated duration.  However, the beneficiary in my case is currently present in the U.S. on a B2 visit and I don't know what the duration will be depending on flight cancellations.

 

Any suggestions on how to address this question?  A number in days is required for the form.

Can you not wait to fill out and complete his or hers DS-260 until he or she returns back to their home country?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
6 hours ago, OrihimeandIchigo said:

Can you not wait to fill out and complete his or hers DS-260 until he or she returns back to their home country?

That is definitely an option -- my preference is to not wait to do that just to save processing time.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline
49 minutes ago, dirk_diggler said:

That is definitely an option -- my preference is to not wait to do that just to save processing time.  

So think of it this way. You rather put down a made up date that might not be accurate and risk a denial if they find out the dates don't match? And also the beneficiary also swears the DS-260 is accurate. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
4 minutes ago, OrihimeandIchigo said:

So think of it this way. You rather put down a made up date that might not be accurate and risk a denial if they find out the dates don't match? And also the beneficiary also swears the DS-260 is accurate. 

I'm definitely not suggesting putting any incorrect information.

 

I guess I'm asking whether there's any way to indicate if the visit is ongoing and duration is not known at the time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×
×
  • Create New...