meow85meow

Entry Process & Checklist

3 posts in this topic

Hello all. I will be flying into SFO this weekend to enter in the US after having my CR-1 visa issued. I was just curious if anyone can link me to a possible checklist of documents/items I need to prepare for entry, and what the process is like once I land (will there be another interview?). Appreciate all the help and support!!! 

Hello!

I didn’t need anything when I landed ~3 weeks ago on my CR-1 visa. Just my passport. They only asked me for my address, processed it, and advised me to call USCIS if I have any problems. There shouldn’t be another interview, all the vetting has been done! It was actually my most painless border crossing.

CR-1 VISA TIMELINE (LONDON EMBASSY)

26th May 2019 — Married 💕

12th July 2019 — I-130 sent

19th July 2019 — NOA1, assigned Potomac service center

17th March 2020 — NOA2!
21st March 2020 — NVC case number received, all fees paid
25th March 2020 — Fees accepted, DS-260 completed
26th March 2020 — All NVC documents submitted
19th May 2020 — DQ!
2nd June 2020 — Expedite requested (primarily medical reasons) 
5th June 2020 — Expedite approved by embassy
8th June 2020 — Case in transit NVC --> London

9th June 2020 — Call from London to schedule interview

16th June 2020 — Interview (221G, pending medical results, everything else fine)

17th June 2020 — Medical (mostly went well but something odd was showing on chest x-ray, cue stress)

22nd June 2020 — Medical confirmed all-clear and sent to embassy (P H E W)

2nd July 2020 — Visa status changed to issue, notification from courier

3rd July 2020 — Arrived at depot, informed I can't collect due to COVID-19 lockdown in Scotland. Had to get it rerouted (took a LOT of phonecalls)

4th July 2020 — Visa/passport received!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
8 hours ago, meow85meow said:

Hello all. I will be flying into SFO this weekend to enter in the US after having my CR-1 visa issued. I was just curious if anyone can link me to a possible checklist of documents/items I need to prepare for entry, and what the process is like once I land (will there be another interview?). Appreciate all the help and support!!! 

If your application was not fully electronic .. and you were given a sealed envelope when your passport was returned .. then you need your passport and the sealed envelope. Some immigrants are taken into a secondary inspection room .. many aren’t ., no rhyme or reason that I’m aware of.. but whether your entry is processed at the CBP booth or in the CBP secondary office .. it’s all about CBP making sure they’ve got all the documents , doing the usual fingerprints and photo, stamping your passport and checking your postal address for your green card to be sent to. No “interview”... 

Don’t forget to pay the $220 Green Card fee if you haven’t already done so . 

Edited by Lil bear

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.