pelicancrash

Previous addresses DS260

6 posts in this topic

Hi All!

I already submitted my DS-260, but one thing got me thinking and worried, whether I made a mistake. I called KCC before filling the form and I followed their advise, but I'd still like some confirmation from others that maybe have some experience with this. 

At the age of 19 (11 years ago) I spent 85 days in the US with ESTA. We saved some money with a friend of mine and as we were both musicians so we decided to explore LA, jam with some local musicians and just hang around. At first we stayed at a hostel for some time I don't remember for how long exactly and then we figured it would be cheaper and more convenient if we found somebody willing to rent us an apartment for a very short term if we paid upfront. So we did and stayed another like month or two at that rented place and then returned home. KCC said that as this was a tourist trip I do not need to include it. Do you think this might be an issue at the interview?

Thank you!

12 minutes ago, SusieQQQ said:

Vacation addresses don’t need to be listed. 

Thank you very much for the quick answer! There is one last thing I have a little worry about, but I do not want to start a new topic just for that. 

It is in regards of the City of Birth of my wife. She is Hungarian and apparently for some reason they list the number of the district in their documentation in the place of birth section both in the passport and birth certificate. She was born in a hospital in the 8th district, so it says Place of birth: Budapest 08 
On the DS260 we listed City of birth as Budapest only without the number as 08 is not a city. Could this be an issue?

Thank you!

3 hours ago, pelicancrash said:

Thank you very much for the quick answer! There is one last thing I have a little worry about, but I do not want to start a new topic just for that. 

It is in regards of the City of Birth of my wife. She is Hungarian and apparently for some reason they list the number of the district in their documentation in the place of birth section both in the passport and birth certificate. She was born in a hospital in the 8th district, so it says Place of birth: Budapest 08 
On the DS260 we listed City of birth as Budapest only without the number as 08 is not a city. Could this be an issue?

Thank you!

No. You need to stop overthinking everything!

also please only post a question once, if you post the same thing in multiple threads it’s considered spamming under forum rules. 

27 minutes ago, SusieQQQ said:

No. You need to stop overthinking everything!

also please only post a question once, if you post the same thing in multiple threads it’s considered spamming under forum rules. 

You are right sorry, I did not mean to spam, I just figured that maybe after all it would be useful for someone else when they do a search to find it in a separate thread. 

I guess I should stop overthinking I just don't want to blow this and I was not sure how sensitive they are to a mismatch of this kind because all her official documentation says Budapest 08.

Thank you for your answer!

Plenty of people write a major city when the birth document says a specific suburb/township in there, or vice versa. It doesn’t matter, it’s not material. My husband even discovered when he got his birth certificate for the DV interview that he’d spent his life thinking he was born in a town half an hour away from where he actually was (and obviously had filled in the wrong one on his DS)! It’s not a problem. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.