Que_serasera

NSO Annotation for divorce in PH

20 posts in this topic

17 minutes ago, 0NI said:

For the annullment process I hired a lawyer. But after i got the finality and court orders i did the annotation process by myself. My lawyer advised me as she said it would be faster if I was the one processing it.

It could be faster or slower for divorce docs.

Do annulments only  apply when you get married in church ? I only had a civil wedding before so I don't need to file for annulment  right?  I already have an official divorce decree with me.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
8 hours ago, Que_serasera said:

Do annulments only  apply when you get married in church ? I only had a civil wedding before so I don't need to file for annulment  right?  I already have an official divorce decree with me.

Its the other way around here. Civil marriage you can do annullment. Marrying in church does not give you that. And from what I've heard its much more stricter and longer to get annulled when you get married in church.

Edited by 0NI

K1/K2

March 16, 2020 - sent I-129f to Dallas Lockbox via USPS

March 19, 2020 - USCIS received I-129f application

March 25, 2020 - got sms text from USCIS receipt notice NOA1

March 30, 2020 - received NOA1 hard copy

November 5, 2020NOA2 from USCIS Case Status Site

November 9, 2020 - received NOA2 hard copy

December 1, 2020 - got Case Number by calling NVC

March 18, 2022 - Case IN-TRANSIT

March 22, 2022 - Case READY

On 7/31/2020 at 4:56 PM, Hank_ said:

The annotation of the divorce on the CEMAR is done after completing the court process.  Must have the divorce recognized before PSA (was NSO years back) will annotate the CEMAR

Are you now a dual citizen?

Sir, US embassy in manila only accept CENOMAR that is valid within 1 year. Same applies to the Advisory On Marriage? though they dont put it there.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 hours ago, AidaM said:

Sir, US embassy in manila only accept CENOMAR that is valid within 1 year. Same applies to the Advisory On Marriage? though they dont put it there.

CENOMAR or CEMAR (Advisory) are only valid for 1 year from PSA.   

Embassy has been known to ask for a new CENOMAR or CEMAR if it is older than 6 months.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.