AFQuaid

Question About Form I-134 and employer

11 posts in this topic

:jest: I know me again..

My co-sponser to be is a caregiver to my fiance....so therefore my fiance is her employer. But she is also his mom. So does she need a letter from my fiance explaining her job etc or should we get a letter from the person from the health care/social services to write saying the situation? Or both?

Also I'd like to know if we somehow need to make duplicates of her tax returns.....

One more thing do I send form I-134 back with the said ones in packet 3 or do I keep hold of it till the interview? I would prefer to send it back with the specific packet 3 papers in hope if any issue arises it won't be told to us at the interview..... then again I've read some people say they hand this form over anyway in London at the interview despite already sending it in. *puzzled*

Fiona

Love hurts

When you live an ocean away

When you change your sleep schedule to catch a few more moments

When you really need to be held and you have to imagine whilst your partner describes it

When you constantly refresh the USCIS website to see if you're getting any closer

Love Loves

When it repays you with the love of your life

When God finally answered your biggest prayer

When you can live life again in the real world but still have that eternal connection

When you wake up for to the beginning of the rest of your life with the person you fought so hard for

When you love somebody that much

You'll do anything

Yes they are, she gets the top rate in carer allowence (or the US equvilent to that rather)....but Andy actually has to sign her pay check etc...so :unsure: plus any forms where she needs to put employer she puts him down so its a bit confusing...

Love hurts

When you really need to be held and you have to imagine whilst your partner describes it

When you constantly refresh the USCIS website to see if you're getting any closer

Love Loves

When you can live life again in the real world but still have that eternal connection

When you wake up for to the beginning of the rest of your life with the person you fought so hard for

You'll do anything

The State Of California pays her the dollars

Love hurts

Love Loves

You'll do anything

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
:jest: I know me again..

My co-sponser to be is a caregiver to my fiance....so therefore my fiance is her employer. But she is also his mom. So does she need a letter from my fiance explaining her job etc or should we get a letter from the person from the health care/social services to write saying the situation? Or both?

Also I'd like to know if we somehow need to make duplicates of her tax returns.....

One more thing do I send form I-134 back with the said ones in packet 3 or do I keep hold of it till the interview? I would prefer to send it back with the specific packet 3 papers in hope if any issue arises it won't be told to us at the interview..... then again I've read some people say they hand this form over anyway in London at the interview despite already sending it in. *puzzled*

Fiona

Fiona,

Andy's mother sounds 'self employed'. Is caring for him her exclusive occupation?

The I-134 can't be presented early *normally*. However, considering your extremely unusual circumstances, you and Andy might want to compose a letter to the Consular Officer and get an eraly review of your situation. I hope you don't think you'll roll in with just an I-134 and leave with a visa. With Andy being on benefits and you expecting to get them, you two will have some explaining to do to satisfy the Officer that *you* will not be a public charge (on benefits). I still don't understand how you propose to succeed at this; you've only given partial information in the past, so if you feel like you've already got it figured out, feel free to ignore the suggestion.

edit to add: I had concerns about my unusual I-864 before the visa interview as well. I did stop in and have the CO in charge of adjudicating I-864s take a look at it to let me know if I was on track/OK or not. I did not get to speak with him personally, but with his wife who was also a ConOff at that post (she had him look at it for me). She passed the message back that I was OK. Like you, I didn't want any surprises on interview day.

Edited by meauxna

Now That You Are A Permanent Resident

How Do I Remove The Conditions On Permanent Residence Based On Marriage?

Welcome to the United States: A Guide For New Immigrants

Yes, even this last one.. stuff in there that not even your USC knows.....

Here are more links that I love:

Arriving in America, The POE Drill

Dual Citizenship FAQ

Other Fora I Post To:

alt.visa.us.marriage-based http://britishexpats.com/ and www.***removed***.com

censored link = *family based immigration* website

Inertia. Is that the Greek god of 'can't be bothered'?

Met, married, immigrated, naturalized.

I-130 filed Aug02

USC Jul06

No Deje Piedras Sobre El Pavimento!

fiona ...

i'm with meauxna on this one as well. i would gather all relevant employer and tax info from your future MIL ... extra copies never hurt.

i would also ask the agency who arranges the care (that she gives to her son) to write a letter explaining the situation.

send a cover letter and be as thorough as possible as you and andrew have an extremely unique situation.

line_bar_12d.gifline_bar_12d.gif

Music___Lennon___Imagine_by_jjjean6.png

Faith: not wanting to know what is true.~Nietzsche~

“The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end; there it is.”

~Winston Churchill~

text___just_be_animated_colour_by_j.gif

line_bar_12d.gifline_bar_12d.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Contact the embassy and ask them. Go straight to the source. Also, if you can somehow afford it, hire an attorney for this. Your case is very unique.

Good luck to you both, everything will be fine for you..

12/15/2005 - Sent I-129F to Vermont Service Center

12/17/2005 - VSC receives I-129F via express courier (day 1)

12/23/2005 - VSC officially sends out NOA1 stating receipt

01/05/2006 - Called the National Service Center and got NOA1 receipt number.

01/10/2006 - NOA2 received via USCIS website and email. VSC is blazingly fast! (day 22!)

01/20/2006 - Receive NOA2 via snail mail in Thailand

01/26/2006 - Bangkok Embassy confirms our case is in their system (day 38)

01/30/2006 - Dropped off checklist and doc's with embassy

01/31/2006 - Received email from embassy confirming our interview date 3/20/06! Woohoo! (day 43)

02/08/2006 - Received police report and packet 4

03/01/2006 - Medical Exam completed

03/20/2006 - Interview! (day 91)- SUCCESS!

03/21/2006 - Picked up VISA!

04/04/2006 - Fly to USA together to get officially married in US and to start our life there together!

04/07/2006 - Arrived at JFK, C received temp EAD stamp. Drove to MD to live!

04/20/2006 - Applied for SS Card in maiden name, received it 3 days later

05/12/2006 - Officially married in the US! (2nd ceremony)

05/15/2006 - US Reception

05/16/2006 - Applied for new SS card with married name - Applied for EAD

06/01/2006 - Applied for AOS I-485

10/27/2006 - EAD Approved!

My mother is employeed by IHSS (In Home Support Services) an Indeed I am her Boss although I plan to have my worker from the state write a cover letter also, but I can not make it any clearer then just stating she is my employee an yes it is her primary job an has been since 01' . My mother makes I do believe (don't know exactly, not my buisness) 36-40k a year and we have my benefit's, as stated my mother will be writing an extensive letter of how she will be helping dirctly so as not to let Fiona become a "public charge" i.e. in the ways of caregiving an monetary support, Indeed this will be a hard case to pass an if it was economically able we would have an Attorney but it isn't as should be obvious by the questions asked an details known. If these details help anymore were still open to idea's or whatever, all help is of coarse appreciated...

=/\=Andrew=/\=

Love hurts

Love Loves

You'll do anything

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.