Lady G

Police clearance Israel

5 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Israel
Timeline

Hi everyone. Is there anyone here from Israel who filed for police clearance ? NVC is asking me for a police clearance which needs to be uploaded to my civil documents before they can review our case. But according to my readings, police clearance obtained in Israel are directly sent to the US embassy in Jerusalem. If I may ask for those who have personal experience and knowledge about this, what did you do ? We’re you be able to provide the NVC a copy for your Police clearance and how did you do it? Thank you 

• 11 months later...

Hi how are you able to get this certificate did you need anything additional to complete your case at the NVC level ?? Ie , given that the police cert certificate are not given but sent to the embassy.. What do you upload to the NVC?  How did you obtain the police certificate ?,, it seems to be very complicated .

Timeline

Hi . Yes you are right. It is complicated. What I did was, I uploaded the paper that the Police has given me which basically a receipt that you have applied for a Police clearance and that it is being sent directly to the US Embassy in 7 days. But then it took awhile for me to get an interview after I was DQed, so what I did was I went to get another police clearance 3 weeks before my interview just not to have some loose ends that will delay the issuance of my visa. It all went well. I got my visa right after the interview. It was issued right away but I only got my passport back 5 days after.

Timeline

Tell me about it! Been there done that! I still not totally done coz my derivative who’s my daughter (IR2) is still not through. She has been waiting for her interview date for 9 mo the now. She has been DQed Sept 2020 and yet no IL in sight up to now. We tried calling but same answer they do not know when will there be available slot. It was slow pre covid and now it’s a nightmare coz the backlog is unprecedented especially in countries with high immigrations like Philippines. Nevertheless,we are hoping that she will get her interview date this year and she will be able to join us soon. Good luck to you. The best virtue you can have right now is Patience. I did that for 24 months☺️👍🏻

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.