thermophile

July interview

15 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hey all

just wondering if anyone got a July interview with MTL? I looked through the timelines and only saw Vancouver interviews in July. What is going on wtih MTL?

met summer 1999, summer 2000 hooked up-whoo hoo summer fling

summer fling failed to fizzle, married 2003

I-130 mailed 12/15/03

4/1/04 no word from NE contacted senators office, app found

NOA1 4/13/04

Gave up on ridiculously long US process-started Canadian

12/4/04 submitted app

LSS app returned because of missed signatures, lost in transit, resubmitted in June

9/28/05 landed, yippie

10/4/05 fly back to US to "finish up Master's" lose mind and switch to PhD

Damn it back to the US process

3/something/2005 finally get NOA2, no idea why it took so long

4/15/07 get case approval from NVC

8/9/07 Montreal here we come

10/14/07 hubby activated his visa

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Hey all

just wondering if anyone got a July interview with MTL? I looked through the timelines and only saw Vancouver interviews in July. What is going on wtih MTL?

I've been hoping to see July interviews (for February Packet 3 folks) set too... but, there are only three couples listed on the waiting room thread who sent back their Packet 3's in February. None of them seem to have dates set, though, so hopefully Montreal isn't slowing down more :blink: or hopefully they will hear from Montreal within the next week or so!

(Also, those three couples sent back their Packet 3's in late February...there were a lot of interviews in June, but I think that's also because there just happened to be a lot of couples on VJ who sent back their Packet 3's in January ;) )

Edited by Melyssa

March 6, 2007 - I-129F package sent

March 21, 2007 - I-129F NOA2

October 17, 2007 - K1 interview - approved

October 19, 2007 - K1 arrived in mail

October 21, 2007 - US entry

October 23, 2007 - Wedding day

November 27, 2007 - AOS, EAD, AP package sent

December 7, 2007 - Received all 3 NOA's for AOS, AP & EAD

December 10, 2007 - Received letter for biometrics appointment

January 2, 2008 - I-485 transferred to California

January 3, 2008 - Biometrics

January 16, 2008 - RFE for I-485

January 22, 2008 - RFE for I-485 arrived

January 23, 2008 - AP approved

January 25, 2008 - Case status finally updated: AP approved January 23!

January 31, 2008 - EAD card production ordered

February 2, 2008 - AP arrived in mail

February 5, 2008 - Sending a letter/RFE to CSC

February 5, 2008 - EAD card production ordered (again?!)

February 7, 2008 - RFE/letter arrived at CSC

February 7, 2008 - EAD approval sent

February 9, 2008 - EAD card received, dated January 23rd!

February 25, 2008 - CSC finally acknowledges receiving RFE

February 27, 2008 - I-485 APPROVED!

February 27, 2008 - Online case status: notice mailed welcoming new permanent resident.

March 3, 2008 - Received welcome letter

March 3, 2008 - I-485 approval letter sent

March 6, 2008 - Green card arrived in mail.

November 2009 - Removal of conditions...

Filed: Timeline

What is going on wtih MTL?

thermophile my friend,

If you can answer that question I will personally give you 50% of my lifelong salaries, benefits, worldly possessions, and name my first born after you or your favorite Looney Toons character.

That said, I have no clue what is going on in MTLites heads... will call later today, hoping for at least no change to the August time frame.... not that hopeful though.... :blink:

Peace, L.

Timeline

Len

hee hee. that was the nicest way that I could but that question. everything else I was going to write would have been filtered out.

I'm trying to figure out if there really is a complete slow down or if I'm just getting tunnel vision. oh well if MTL doesn't want us then we don't want MTL. I just booked campsites for the hubby and I for the first week of July. As long as we're not getting an interview, we might as well go backpacking.

I-130 mailed 12/15/03

NOA1 4/13/04

12/4/04 submitted app

LSS app returned because of missed signatures, lost in transit, resubmitted in June

9/28/05 landed, yippie

Timeline

Hi everyone,

I've been lurking here for a month or two. Yes, I know I haven't filled out my timeline, but that's because I just didn't keep track of it all and was really patient until now. I first filed in early September 2006 for a CR-1.

My case was complete on 4/16/07 and no interview here, either. I've been watching thermopile (pretty much stalking, actually) and I am completely crushed as well. I have no idea why it's taking so long. It is so ridiculous that we've been married for over a year and not living together. I'm also mad because it takes less time to get an interview almost everywhere else in the world (or so it seems). It's not like Canada is a red-flag country... or is it?!? It sure feels like it.

It's looks like no CR1's for July..... another month of waiting, another month of paying two sets of bills, another month of people asking me about my husband and me snapping at them....

Timeline
Lynamon has her interview July 18 in MTL

Looks like they sent their Packet 3 back January 27, so they would have entered the actual Montreal waiting list in February (I think.)

Edited by Melyssa

February 27, 2008 - Online case status: notice mailed welcoming new permanent resident.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Hi everyone,

I've been lurking here for a month or two. Yes, I know I haven't filled out my timeline, but that's because I just didn't keep track of it all and was really patient until now. I first filed in early September 2006 for a CR-1.

My case was complete on 4/16/07 and no interview here, either. I've been watching thermopile (pretty much stalking, actually) and I am completely crushed as well. I have no idea why it's taking so long. It is so ridiculous that we've been married for over a year and not living together. I'm also mad because it takes less time to get an interview almost everywhere else in the world (or so it seems). It's not like Canada is a red-flag country... or is it?!? It sure feels like it.

It's looks like no CR1's for July..... another month of waiting, another month of paying two sets of bills, another month of people asking me about my husband and me snapping at them....

Welcome DJC.. waiting stinks.. at least you are not alone though.. there are others here.. wating... and the support esp in the Canada thread is wonderful!

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Timeline

Ugh!

I don't think Canada's a red flag country (lol) but I am thinking that Montreal is slower than a lot of other places merely because there are so many more American/Canadian couples than American/other country couples since the U.S. and Canada are so close... and I guess the majority of the foreign fiances/spouses are in eastern Canada (and of course, there are those doing the processes that ONLY are allowed to go through Montreal...)

Still, I wish they would be faster, too!

Edited by Melyssa

Timeline
Welcome DJC.. waiting stinks.. at least you are not alone though.. there are others here.. wating... and the support esp in the Canada thread is wonderful!

Thanks for the welcome. I am *VERY* glad to have found visajourney. At least I know that I'm in line with others. It would be much worse if I thought I was the only one.

You know what's the worst part of the waiting is that nobody can tell you when it's going to end. I would be so much happier if they just told me a specific date far far in the future. The "we don't know... we can't tell you... " part is the most frustrating. You have to be ready to jump when they say so. I think it'd be better if they just said that your interview will be in December 2011. Then at least we could plan out our lives. The one-month-at-a-time interview thing is just ridiculous!!! Somebody write a new scheduling program for them!! And how come none of us are politicians??

Okay... sorry for the ranting first posts.... I really am glad to have found you guys....

Timeline
Ugh!

I don't think Canada's a red flag country (lol) but I am thinking that Montreal is slower than a lot of other places merely because there are so many more American/Canadian couples than American/other country couples since the U.S. and Canada are so close... and I guess the majority of the foreign fiances/spouses are in eastern Canada (and of course, there are those doing the processes that ONLY are allowed to go through Montreal...)

Still, I wish they would be faster, too!

I know. I'm just cranky.

I was also hoping that since Montreal isn't doing other visas after July 9 (is that what the consulate website meant?), that it was going to go faster.

Maybe they should get a bigger consulate more able to handle the amount of people...... or would that make too much sense....

Filed: Timeline
Ugh!

I know. I'm just cranky.

I was also hoping that since Montreal isn't doing other visas after July 9 (is that what the consulate website meant?), that it was going to go faster.

Maybe they should get a bigger consulate more able to handle the amount of people...... or would that make too much sense....

Welcome to the cranky-ranting-Lonely-Hearts-Club-Band djc!!!! MTL makes little or no sense - reason why most of us harrass them every couple of weeks asking for updates. :bonk:

Remember to :time: so we can all keep track of each others' progress. And yup - we're pretty supportive and delightfully insane :wacko:

Peace, L.

Timeline

yes very cranky-I'm right on the edge every time I think about this bs. and I second all of your points. hopefully you're not stuck in line behind us because every step that could take a long time for us has.

anyway, I do my share of ranting-probably more than my share. but sometime it does make me feel better

Edited by thermophile

I-130 mailed 12/15/03

NOA1 4/13/04

12/4/04 submitted app

9/28/05 landed, yippie

Timeline

I swear the next time someone asks me about my husband and "why is it taking so long?" I am gonna slap them!!

I'm sorry to see that everything was extra slow for you. It makes me feel a bit selfish, but I can't help it! Hopefully we're waiting *together* now. :)

I'll try to fill in my timeline when I get home....

yes very cranky-I'm right on the edge every time I think about this bs. and I second all of your points. hopefully you're not stuck in line behind us because every step that could take a long time for us has.

anyway, I do my share of ranting-probably more than my share. but sometime it does make me feel better

Timeline

don't feel bad-part of our slowness was USCIS's fault and part was our's. you'lll get through all the "why aren't you together" bs. My Republican relatives ask me that every once in a while and I grit my teeth. but reguardless we'll actually live together some day and produce all the babies that the want. grr, I personally turn to gin but you can find your own preferrred intoxicant to help you through this ###### bullshit

ok so not "all the babies they want" cause seriously no more than 3-4 and I'm sure that they want more . but you get what I'm saying

I-130 mailed 12/15/03

NOA1 4/13/04

12/4/04 submitted app

9/28/05 landed, yippie

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.