zperkins24

USPS Issue - Filing I-751

2 posts in this topic

EDIT: I thought of a possible issue. I lived in NC when we started the process and I suppose I filed at the Phoenix center. Now we live in VA. Should we continue mailing to Phoenix, or Dallas now?

My wife and I sent out our I-751 package on June 30th via USPS Express Mail with tracking, almost exactly 90 days before her greencard expires. We sent the package to the following address:

USCIS
P.O. Box 660480
Dallas, TX 75266

This is the correct address for the state we live in. Anyways, it arrived in Dallas, then Coppell, TX and was out for delivery July 3rd. All of a sudden, 5 days later, it's returned my state's distribution center, where I dropped it off. It bounces between a couple distribution centers in my state 4 or 5 times, then arrives AGAIN in Dallas July 13th. It's been in transit since then...

When I went to the post office to ask about it, they gave me a boilerplate answer and didn't even try to look it up on their computers. Do I need to be a Karen and ask for the manager? Has anybody else had a similar problem? :(

I'm thinking about making a copy and sending via FedEx to the alternate address.

Interested to hear your thoughts!

Edited by zperkins24

2 hours ago, zperkins24 said:

EDIT: I thought of a possible issue. I lived in NC when we started the process and I suppose I filed at the Phoenix center. Now we live in VA. Should we continue mailing to Phoenix, or Dallas now?

My wife and I sent out our I-751 package on June 30th via USPS Express Mail with tracking, almost exactly 90 days before her greencard expires. We sent the package to the following address:

USCIS
P.O. Box 660480
Dallas, TX 75266

This is the correct address for the state we live in. Anyways, it arrived in Dallas, then Coppell, TX and was out for delivery July 3rd. All of a sudden, 5 days later, it's returned my state's distribution center, where I dropped it off. It bounces between a couple distribution centers in my state 4 or 5 times, then arrives AGAIN in Dallas July 13th. It's been in transit since then...

When I went to the post office to ask about it, they gave me a boilerplate answer and didn't even try to look it up on their computers. Do I need to be a Karen and ask for the manager? Has anybody else had a similar problem? :(

I'm thinking about making a copy and sending via FedEx to the alternate address.

Interested to hear your thoughts!

It should be based off the state you are living at the time you send package. If your mailing address changes you would simply update that. Hmmm it’s very strange it’s been bouncing around. Have you tried calling the PO in Dallas? Have you called USCIS? 

I would get another copy out and send it priority mail. 

Edited by Sarah_k92

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.