Nana!

Tax transcript

7 posts in this topic

In my 2019 transcript the gross income it’s show less  make during to  fault from my company W2  and now I admended  1040x and the company they will send new w2 and it will take up to 16 weeks To irs to fix it so what should do ? 

Whats option I have cuz 16 weeks it’s a lot to be waiting thanks so much for helping

Why would you file tax when your W2 was incorrect? There is nothing you can do except waiting for them to amend it, and with this mess, it would take longer than 12weeks to amend. If you can’t wait, then you can always find a joint sponsor.

N400

12/06/2014: Package filed

12/31/2014: Fingerprinted

02/06/2015: In-Line for Interview

04/15/2015: Passed Interview

05/05/2015: Oath letter was sent

05/22/2015: Oath Ceremony

7 hours ago, NancyNguyen said:

Why would you file tax when your W2 was incorrect? There is nothing you can do except waiting for them to amend it, and with this mess, it would take longer than 12weeks to amend. If you can’t wait, then you can always find a joint sponsor.

It’s  the gross income number it’s less couple of k can Iput the real number in the my affidavit of support and attachment 1040.x and the new new w2 form ?

7 hours ago, Nermen said:

It’s  the gross income number it’s less couple of k can Iput the real number in the my affidavit of support and attachment 1040.x and the new new w2 form ?

When filing now, you have to put whatever amounts are on the filed tax returns. If these do not match, they may be rejected.

if you want to file with adjusted amounts, then either wait for IRS to process 1040X and then get your transcript or otherwise you could try file now 1040X but you still need corrected w2. 

keep in mind though, that the current income (needs proper evidence) might be higher than your last year's return, so a couple of k shouldn't make a big difference, meaning you could file whatever 1040 you have submited for 2019 (while IRS works on your 1040x) so you are not waiting a few months just to see a couple of k more on your past return.

14 minutes ago, Punisher said:

When filing now, you have to put whatever amounts are on the filed tax returns. If these do not match, they may be rejected.

if you want to file with adjusted amounts, then either wait for IRS to process 1040X and then get your transcript or otherwise you could try file now 1040X but you still need corrected w2. 

keep in mind though, that the current income (needs proper evidence) might be higher than your last year's return, so a couple of k shouldn't make a big difference, meaning you could file whatever 1040 you have submited for 2019 (while IRS works on your 1040x) so you are not waiting a few months just to see a couple of k more on your past return.

This meaning I can put the 1040 and w2 in my affidavit of support with less k and upload it to nvc and when it’s coming to interview I will show the correct income with my amended or can u make it clear for me more 

11 minutes ago, Nermen said:

This meaning I can put the 1040 and w2 in my affidavit of support with less k and upload it to nvc and when it’s coming to interview I will show the correct income with my amended or can u make it clear for me more 

If IRS process' it by then, then thas an option. The question is, does it REALLY matter (from I864 point of view) to have a couple of k more on your past return? Probably NOT. It wouldn't affect your current income (which you still have to document) that' for sure. As such, if your 864 is rejected for some reason, don't think that last years updated tax return (with 2k more) is going to make a difference. I wouldn't bother then submitting such updated return (creating confusion) but rather look for joint sponsor.

Edited by Punisher

27 minutes ago, Punisher said:

If IRS process' it by then, then thas an option. The question is, does it REALLY matter (from I864 point of view) to have a couple of k more on your past return? Probably NOT. It wouldn't affect your current income (which you still have to document) that' for sure. As such, if your 864 is rejected for some reason, don't think that last years updated tax return (with 2k more) is going to make a difference. I wouldn't bother then submitting such updated return (creating confusion) but rather look for joint sponsor.

My 2018 it’s show more than my 2019 and I got the copy of transcript it’s show everything right except the total and growth income it’s less than I make even if I still above I just don’t know what should put as is in my transcript with mistaken or what 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.