LunaSky

Is traveling possible?

19 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, LunaSky said:

Hi guys

Quick question

Can I travel to the USA while my process is running?

Husband is in the USA (citizen) and I'm in London. 

Our I-130 hasn't been submitted yet, but when we do it's going to be the consular  option. 

I have a B1-B2 visa, I don't intend to stay, just to visit him every month or every other month.

Is that possible? Is it problematic?

Thanks a lot 

LS

I travelled from LHR - EWR - DEN on United. The LHR-EWR is government backed, might be worth contacting United to see which routes are government backed as they are less likely to be cancelled. I emigrated on an IR1 on the 26th April 2020. I'd double check the Presidential Proclamations before booking though, make sure you are 100% excluded from the bans or restrictions, it says it excludes spouses of US citizens, but it's whether you meet the requirements of "alien", that, I'm not sure.

wpid-1030ldr.gif

9 hours ago, LunaSky said:

Fantastic news... many thanks. 

Do I need to carry any extra docs to support that I won't be staying?

LS xxx 

I carried additional docs when I visited, was only asked once in 3 years. I carried my deeds for my property and a letter from my boss confirming the dates I'd be back in my office.

wpid-1030ldr.gif

2 hours ago, jennywhite421 said:

I travelled from LHR - EWR - DEN on United. The LHR-EWR is government backed, might be worth contacting United to see which routes are government backed as they are less likely to be cancelled. I emigrated on an IR1 on the 26th April 2020. I'd double check the Presidential Proclamations before booking though, make sure you are 100% excluded from the bans or restrictions, it says it excludes spouses of US citizens, but it's whether you meet the requirements of "alien", that, I'm not sure.

I actually mis-read the original post, I was inundated with COVID related travel lol! But yes, during your application you can. However, when I said about COVID I believe it would depend if you were excluded from the Proclamations that are currently in place.

wpid-1030ldr.gif

19 hours ago, LunaSky said:

I have a B1-B2 visa, I don't intend to stay, just to visit him every month or every other month.

Note that sometimes airline/airport employees don't know the exemption so they deny boarding:

I recommend flying from Dublin or Shannon, Ireland as their is CBP onsite for preclearance. They can clarify the rules to potential stubborn airline staff.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.