29 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Bahamas
Timeline

Hello! Just checking in to see if anyone else here is waiting on a rescheduled CR-1/IR-1 interview date for the Embassy in Nassau, Bahamas. Would be great to meet another Bahamian that’s going through this stressful process. 

Thanks. 

• 1 month later...
Filed: IR-5 Country: Bahamas
Timeline

My case is still at the National Visa Centre since June 19.  My US son applied for me.  I wish I could say that my case has been transferred to the embassy in Nassau but unfortunately not yet.  Hopefully you hear something soon 

• 7 months later...
Timeline

Unfortunately no. My case has been documentarily ready At the NVC since October 2020. Even though Biden has lifted the ban, I still haven’t received an interview date as yet.

Timeline

Yes I do know some someone who is a Bahamian living in the Bahamas. She got married last March, her husband applied last April, she became documentarily qualified last December and a week later was given her interview date for late January. She has already had a interview and getting ready to move. Im so happy for her, but at same time wondering why its taking so long for me and others at the embassy in Nassau 

4 minutes ago, renc78 said:

Yes I do know some someone who is a Bahamian living in the Bahamas. She got married last March, her husband applied last April, she became documentarily qualified last December and a week later was given her interview date for late January. She has already had a interview and getting ready to move. Im so happy for her, but at same time wondering why its taking so long for me and others at the embassy in Nassau 

Wow that gives me soo much hope! Thank you! I pray yours picks up soon! 

Timeline

Oh that’s awful having to separated from your hubby at a time you need him most! Well yours is a spousal situation so I imagine that your case will be at the top of the stack. Give it a week or two more and them maybe put in a request to have your case expedited. They can only say yay or nay

Just now, renc78 said:

Oh that’s awful having to separated from your hubby at a time you need him most! Well yours is a spousal situation so I imagine that your case will be at the top of the stack. Give it a week or two more and them maybe put in a request to have your case expedited. They can only say yay or nay

Mani pray you’re right! But How do you file an expedite request with NVC?

Timeline

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/ask-nvc.html

use this form. Explain your request eg the birth of your child or if there is financial hardship because his/her father isn't there etc. upload any proof eg birth certificate of the baby etc etc

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.