Mohd_NazmiSaeed

Next step

10 posts in this topic

Hello everyone, check it today and i was selected "YAAAAY"

i had to check it twice to make sure it is true 

now question 1 , i remember one time i went to the US embassy in Abu Dhabi website and in there you can go and click to fill the DS260

now the link sends me to another webiste saying error page not found.

So i want to know do i go to "https://ceac.state.gov/IV/Login.aspx" and insert my case number there and start filling ?

and it is advised to fill it with no delay ? like ASAP ?

Question 2 :

My passport Ends in Sept. 2021, the interview could be held at anytime including for example June 2021 or any other date, now if i have less than 6 months available in the passport would that case an issue ? like renew it then update the DS260 and then submit the passport ?

or as long as there is period the passport would be good ?

Thank you

Edited by Mohd_NazmiSaeed

Mohammad Saeed

HVAC Operations Manager

http://www.mohdsaeed.ae

Congratulations on your selection!

Other reports of an error accessing DS260 right now, so wait for them to fix it. But there is no rush to fill it in. You basically have at least a couple of months to do so even if you are one of the first to be called for interview. Take your time and ensure that everything is filled in correctly, when you can access it. Your place in the interview queue will depend on your case number (if you need more info on how this all works please visit britsimonsays website).

Your passport is supposed to be valid for 6 months from the date you plan to enter the US, so there is a good chance you’ll need to renew before your interview. If your country does not allow you to keep old passports, make sure you make a copy of the bio page of your current passport, to prove that you used a valid passport to enter DV2021 with and that you are indeed the same person who entered. And yes if you fill current passport  details in the DS260, then update it when you get a new one.

Exciting times! I won DV2013. It’s a heck of a ride! Good luck!

Edited by SusieQQQ

1 minute ago, SusieQQQ said:

Congratulations on your selection!

Other reports of an error accessing DS260 right now, so wait for them to fix it. But there is no rush to fill it in. You basically have at least a couple of months to do so even if you are one of the first to be called for interview. Take your time and ensure that everything is filled in correctly, when you can access it. Your place in the interview queue will depend on your case number (if you need more info on how this all works please visit britsimonsays website).

Your passport is supposed to be valid for 6 months from the date you plan to enter the US, so there is a good chance you’ll need to renew before your interview. If your country does not allow you to keep old passports, make sure you make a copy of the bio page of your current passport, to prove that you used a valid passport to enter DV2021 with and that you are indeed the same person who entered.

Thank you for your reply

i've heard that the DS form is long and will take time since we are 4 family members so at least i can start and save each step

for my passport, lets say for example i submitted the DS form next month, and on Feb. i have decided to renew my passport, shall i ask to edit the DS 260 form once i receive the new passport or just update this information at the interview it self ?

Mohammad Saeed

HVAC Operations Manager

34 minutes ago, Mohd_NazmiSaeed said:

Thank you for your reply

i've heard that the DS form is long and will take time since we are 4 family members so at least i can start and save each step

for my passport, lets say for example i submitted the DS form next month, and on Feb. i have decided to renew my passport, shall i ask to edit the DS 260 form once i receive the new passport or just update this information at the interview it self ?

It’s not really that long, the “exemplar” on the state.gov site looks incredibly long but that’s because it goes through every possible answer to every question. 

You can do either of those options with a new passport, if you renew it more than a few months before your interview I would certainly update the DS260.

8 hours ago, SusieQQQ said:

It’s not really that long, the “exemplar” on the state.gov site looks incredibly long but that’s because it goes through every possible answer to every question. 

You can do either of those options with a new passport, if you renew it more than a few months before your interview I would certainly update the DS260.

Thank you

@SusieQQQ

you have been very helpful and lets hope everything goes the right way

Mohammad Saeed

HVAC Operations Manager

12 minutes ago, syphax said:

Congratulations , i wanna ask you , did you receive a message in your email says that you are selected or not ? 

thank you very much, have you been selected as well ?

for your question No

all results must be declared from their DV website with your code

I think when you fill the DS260 and submitted with inserting the email in the form, at that time some corresponding shall be by email

and (Am not sure) even to check on later stages your interview schedule you have to login to the DV website again to check 

Mohammad Saeed

HVAC Operations Manager

4 minutes ago, Mohd_NazmiSaeed said:

thank you very much, have you been selected as well ?

for your question No

all results must be declared from their DV website with your code

I think when you fill the DS260 and submitted with inserting the email in the form, at that time some corresponding shall be by email

and (Am not sure) even to check on later stages your interview schedule you have to login to the DV website again to check 

Thank you , 

for your question if i have been selected , trust me , i still didn't check my results

42 minutes ago, syphax said:

Thank you , 

for your question if i have been selected , trust me , i still didn't check my results

then i wish you the best of luck :)

Mohammad Saeed

HVAC Operations Manager

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.