Gaz1a

Has anyone got their Case Number recently?

24 posts in this topic

37 minutes ago, Robyn-n-Kris said:

Everything closed down in London around that time. So it all went full stop. They are finally starting to move again (at least the consulate is) as we just got our I-130 approval letter last week. The letter is quoting 5 weeks to get the packet from IVU. I would hope the IVU is up and running again now and just playing catch up.

Yes I saw you got your I-130 approved which is great news! Among the the last of the DCF's..... I would think that given where we are in everything 5 weeks is probably A bit more realistic now than it was in March! So I wouldn't be surprised if they started coming through soon. 

7 minutes ago, Morgan5698 said:

Yes I saw you got your I-130 approved which is great news! Among the the last of the DCF's..... I would think that given where we are in everything 5 weeks is probably A bit more realistic now than it was in March! So I wouldn't be surprised if they started coming through soon. 

I'm still shocked at how fast we got ours (based on the letter they only took 1 week to approve ours). I think some of it may be that hubby had a valid greencard up until last year when we originally moved to the UK. But I agree, I think 5 weeks is reasonable to expect the packet from the IVU. I'll just be happy so we can book the medical and interview. Our plans are to move back around January.

22 minutes ago, Robyn-n-Kris said:

I'm still shocked at how fast we got ours (based on the letter they only took 1 week to approve ours). I think some of it may be that hubby had a valid greencard up until last year when we originally moved to the UK. But I agree, I think 5 weeks is reasonable to expect the packet from the IVU. I'll just be happy so we can book the medical and interview. Our plans are to move back around January.

That is an impressive turnaround! I thought ours was fast at around a month! Perhaps also there was reducing volume of I-130's with USCIS closing in London. Great result though. Our timeframe is similar to yours, though we are targeting between Jan-Jun next year as my present employer is willing to relocate me to one of our US subsidiaries, which helps a lot! 

I received my approval in the post on 13 May. I know the IVU is closed but still sucks to know it's now nearly 6 weeks since receiving it and I haven't got my LND.... But I know so many others are in the same boat!

36 minutes ago, Gaz1a said:

I received my approval in the post on 13 May. I know the IVU is closed but still sucks to know it's now nearly 6 weeks since receiving it and I haven't got my LND.... But I know so many others are in the same boat!

The more people we see in the same boat the more reassuring it is that it hasn't just been lost between mail rooms during the rapid Covid exit! 

1 hour ago, Morgan5698 said:

The more people we see in the same boat the more reassuring it is that it hasn't just been lost between mail rooms during the rapid Covid exit! 

My wife and I also part of the last group of DCF-filers. Our petition was filed the same day as Robyn-n-Kris's so we are hoping to hear back soon. We did contact the Field Office last week and they said they were hoping to adjudicate our petition this week (fingers crossed).

1 hour ago, os306 said:

My wife and I also part of the last group of DCF-filers. Our petition was filed the same day as Robyn-n-Kris's so we are hoping to hear back soon. We did contact the Field Office last week and they said they were hoping to adjudicate our petition this week (fingers crossed).

Fingers crossed you'll get that through very soon then. Would be nice to see all the final i-130-ers' for London DCF complete. Even with this Covid wait, still grateful we got to do it this way as opposed to the lock box route.  

17 hours ago, Morgan5698 said:

Fingers crossed you'll get that through very soon then. Would be nice to see all the final i-130-ers' for London DCF complete. Even with this Covid wait, still grateful we got to do it this way as opposed to the lock box route.  

Well said! I do have a job waiting for when I do arrive in the US, but if I didn't have the option of a green card (all credit to the USC wife for that!) then the only options for me visa-wise would have been a physician J1 or an H1B visa. Following Trump's EO yesterday, both of those visas are completely up in the air right now. If I had to go through the Dallas Lockbox I don't think there's any guarantee that I would be able to get to the US in time for the start date of my job, so I am incredibly grateful for the DCF option...

22 minutes ago, os306 said:

Well said! I do have a job waiting for when I do arrive in the US, but if I didn't have the option of a green card (all credit to the USC wife for that!) then the only options for me visa-wise would have been a physician J1 or an H1B visa. Following Trump's EO yesterday, both of those visas are completely up in the air right now. If I had to go through the Dallas Lockbox I don't think there's any guarantee that I would be able to get to the US in time for the start date of my job, so I am incredibly grateful for the DCF option...

That's interesting, I am in nearly the same situation, transferring within my organisation which can only be next year really. I was monitoring the activity on here for the EO yesterday, thankfully we're safe right now. But with everything going on I'm keen (like i'm sure everyone else is!) to get this over the line asap! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.